Chapter 1:

As I woke I heard the chefs working down in the kitchen. I can hear the chicken coop out by the stables. Today was the Summer Festival so the castle and nearby villages were all preparing for the most fun and the most stressful day of the year. I walked down the stairs into the Kitchen. My assistant... (yes I called him an assistant and not a butler...) was waiting for me.
"Prince Chris!! You are late!" He shouted.
It's hard to hear over all the pots and pans so I didn't get mad at him for yelling at me. He's pretty chill.
"Sorry, Fred... I wrote in my journal as quick as I could..." I shouted back.

20 Minutes later...

"Good morning son!" My parents said.
"Good morning Mom. Good Morning Dad." I said back.

I sat down and a whole bunch of chefs and castle employees walked in with pancakes, toast, blueberries, strawberries and almost any other thing you could ever wish for. The castle life is good, until you get signed up with private tutors who don't know what they are doing or they just don't care if you do it wrong. I like archery but I am the only son in the family, (I have 3 sisters...) so they expect a lot from me. Festivals are the only days where I don't have to stress about my lessons or worry about other castle duties. I am free today.

After I ate I went out to the stables to check on my horse Dominick. He was missing! The day where I was free to go out before the festival and practice archery in the surrounding forests. I ran in to find Fred. He'd know what to do! He is my assistant!

"Fred! Fred?! Are you here?" I yelled.
I got no return. The hallway was empty. What do I do now, I thought to myself.