Chapter 2

My mother was out at the hospital again so I was left alone at home. I sat in the dining room with all different kinds of textbooks that involved every single one of my subjects. As I was just about to solve my third math question of the day I heard someone ring the doorbell making me look around at my door.

"Who is it?"

As I heard nothing but silence I slowly got up fixing up my white leopard printed tank top and my black bike pants as I walked towards the front door. I turned my glance slightly towards the clock down the hallway as I noticed that it was 12 at night. Who would be up now? I slowly reached out to the door handle as I firmly gripped it and turned it to the right causing the door to move back with my hand.

No one was here? As I stood out onto the porch looking around to see if anyone was around the street or anything but there was no sign of anyone. I suddenly saw someone shining in front of me as I looked down noticing a box wrapped in white wrapping paper and a blue bow on top.

I knelt picking it up being careful with it as I felt the roughness of the wrapping paper against my hands. I walked back inside as I closed the door and locked it from behind as I went down the hallway into the lounge room. I sat down on the white leather couch we have as I placed the gift on the spruce coffee table as I studied it first making sure there wasn't anything dangerous around it.

Once I knew it was safe I carefully took the ends of the bow as I pulled them making the bow come loose as the wrapping paper fell right off revealing a white thin box. I took the lid off carefully as it revealed an iPad. Wait what? Why would someone give me an iPad? I picked the note that was on top of it as I flipped it open as it read 'I hope you make works of art'. I looked at the tablet again as I slowly picked it up holding it as I turned it around showing the back as the cover of it was of a white wolfs face with silver eyes. I smiled slightly as I traced my fingers lightly over the wolf.

I turned it back to the screen as I pressed the button as a picture of my dad came up as I gasped lightly showing a tear.

"D...Dad.... Daddy." I showed more tears as I swiped the screen to the side and it came up with a passcode. I tilted my head lightly to the side as I thought of all the possible codes I could put in. My birthday? First day of school? Wait... I know it. I sat up a bit as I held the tablet as I brought my finger up and pressed four numbers. 2,0,0 and 5. It suddenly opened to reveal my favourite games and some drawing apps as I searched through them.

I suddenly got sent an image as I checked my message app before I saw a picture of someone in a black hood with a realistic wolf mask on. Wait a second the forest... that's the one out the back of my house. I quickly shot around seeing the lights were off as I slowly jumped over the couch and I walked towards the light switch.

I suddenly noticed something staring at me in the darkness which made me stumble back slightly. Whatever was looking towards me it was red and glowing. They look like eyes but... not normal eyes. More.... wolf. I slowly backed up nervous as I quickly ran upstairs to my room and I closed the door making sure it was locked as I made sure the windows were locked too as I shot into my bed pulling the covers over me as I squinted my eyes shut forcing my brain to go to sleep as I did the same.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Today was a different day. For some reason my uncle called me at 5 in the morning and told me to come down to the station although I have no idea why he needs me. As I finished putting my white loose tank top with the words 'Dream big' on the front, I pulled on my favourite black leggings as I grabbed my shoulder bag and pulled it over my shoulder. But then I noticed something in the corner of my eye.