Nathan Krisweld

The next few days pasted without a word between Harry and Draco. Harry had made many attempts to corner the blonde Slytherin but Draco was stubborn. Almost as stubborn as Harry was persistent.

Hermione and Ron were also persistent in their attempts to find out what happened between the two boys once they left the room of requirement. For Harry had stayed and talked with Draco for what felt like several hours.

During dinner, Ron made another attempt to discover what had happened two days before, during Harry and Draco's encounter.

"Why, won't you tell us what happened! We've been through hell and back with you mate! We deserve to know!" Demanded Ron.

"I know, it's just I don't want to talk about it ok? Everything is fine! Give me some time and maybe I'll tell you but it's not my place to do so right now." Harry said finally.

"Ron, Harry will tell us when he's ready. You're his best friend you know how stubborn he is just give it a rest. " said Hermione. Ron opened his mouth to retaliate. Harry buried his face in his hands, making himself think about anything else to tune out their bickering. His mind wandered back to the events that happened with Draco a few nights before that his best friends were trying to pry from him...

"You know, I don't know much about you Draco." Said Harry, soon after he and Draco shook hands a few nights before.

"How could you not? We've known each other for years."

"Well I think this is the longest conversation we've ever had! You were never too keen on telling me your favorite color!" Said Harry laughing. Seeing this playful side of Draco somehow made him temporarily forget everything that happened.

"Neither of us were too keen on having civil conversations, don't count yourself out of this one Potter!" Said Draco, throwing a pillow across the couch at Harry's face.

"Going back to surnames are we, Malfoy?" Said Harry throwing a pillow back.

"Green." Said Draco simply, catching the pillow Harry had just sent.

"What?" Said Harry confused. Since he was distracted, Draco seized the opportunity to throw another pillow. This time since Harry was off guard, it struck him square in the face. Harry quickly adjusted his askew spectacles and tried to fix his already messy hair, only making it more untidy.

"You asked my favorite color," said Draco, laughing at the look on Harry's face in response to the pillow. "But not Slytherin green, more like a softer forest green" said Draco thoughtfully.

"Almost like your-" Draco stopped himself. "Like your nail color." Said Draco smartly.

"What? I haven't got any-"

Flump!

For Draco had thrown another pillow.

"Oh you wanna do this?" Said Harry, mock angry.

"Do your worst!" Said Draco with too much dramatics to be convincing. The two boys kept up and drew their wands.

"Scared Potter?" Said Draco, with his old malice.

Harry laughed at the wave of nostalgia that struck the two boys of their second year.