|2|

I wrote this over so many times y'all it's crazyyy 🫠🤦🏽 I set myself up redoing these damn books but ima try to get it done lol shit!

A week later, it was approaching night and Whitney had decided to take Mike up on his offer and come to his house. They were walking around outside talking. . .

"How have you and Ed been since the last time I saw you?"

"Okay..." She put her hands in her jacket pockets. ". . I guess."

"What do you mean you guess?" He furrowed his brows looking at her. "What's going on? If you don't mind me asking.."

She sighed. "He's gotten distant again. Everything was all cool last week. Now, he wants to start acting weird."

He nodded his head a bit. "Mmh, I know what you mean."

"Yeah? You sure about that?" She tilted her head.

"That's basically how my ex would act. She was doing so much talking but her actions were telling me differently. The marriage didn't even seem like a plan anymore, to be honest."

"Oh wow. That's what he's doing to me... But, was it Tatiana that was doing all of that?"

"Nah, it was different with her..  the money thing I told you about was her... I thought it was love but.. it was just lust and she cared more about my pockets."

"Understandable. I know a few women like that... it's hard to find love."

"Yeah, just seemed like I was running into the wrong ones."

"Or the wrong ones were just running into you, and as you said, love is blinding.. or so you thought.

He looked at her and smirked. "You know, you're right about that. It also just taught me to slow down and let it come to me naturally."

"Exactly... a lot of times you have to build some type of bond beforehand. We tend to just jump into relationships blindly without fully knowing a person and sometimes we think we know them or at least thought we did..."

"That makes sense... It does because it's understandable and true."

"Right. Like, someone can come to you broken. You do everything you can to fix them.. whole time, you're breaking and losing yourself in the process. Now, you're the one who's broken and needs help... I don't want that."

He sighed. "I can relate to that... but, is that how you feel?"

"At times. In a way, I feel like I'm the broken one but I don't think he's the one that can fix me 'cause I'm too busy trying to fix him and make sure he's doing what he has to do to keep me." They sat down on the grass.

"You're not broken.. he's doing what some men do and some men tend to find a woman he knows is good enough to take him back when he fucks up."

"Some men... Are you a part of that 'some' ?"

"I'm a man, obviously and we do make mistakes. Everyone does but I'm not about to keep making the same one. I can't speak for others but I learn from mine. ...Ed's a really smart and talented dude... So, I don't see how he can treat you the way he's treating you and not get tired of it." He laid back looking up at the stars.

"See, once you get used to the bullshit and being treated like it, you become blind to it, it becomes a normal thing. How can one who's experienced that know when they have the real thing, you know ?"

"That's understandable, too.." He shook his head slowly as he sighed. "But, they have to change it... You need someone to change that. You don't deserve to be treated like that. You can only take so much but to be treated like it is crazy... and, over and over again? Hell no, it ain't right."