EPISODE 16

2016

"No words can explain how happy and thankful I am knowing you've treated her so well...and raised her like your own child."

Professor Lim's words seemed like an echo inside her head...she kept walking without any direction.

Like your own child

Like your own child

Like your own child

Sohyun keeps repeating Professor Lim's last word inside her head..suddenly she felt something warm on her cheeks,she brushed it away gently..soon her eyes started to get even more blurry,she could no longer stop the tears from streaming,she was crying silently but she still kept on walking.

"Sohyun-ah"
She looked infront of her and saw Ilhoon.
"Gwaenchanha?"
She tried to smile but she only burst out crying even more.

She don't know how many hours have passed while she's crying. All she knew is that Ilhoon is with her,she can't even remember how they got into that place...they are standing in an open field where she can see the stars in the sky clearly.

"Whoah...yeppuda..." she whispered.
"So what's your plan now?" Ilhoon asked.
"Molla....i have a lot of things to ask.. but i don't have the courage to face appa right now..."
"Right now you wish you're mom is here,don't you..."
Sohyun just sighed.
"I can help you with it..."
"Ani....i don't want to..."
"You're lying...in your heart you wish she's here to comfort you...this is the time your longing gets stronger.."
Sohyun felt like Ilhoon's words are more like a command and she is falling for it.
Tears ran down her face again
"Nae...." she nodded as she cries.
She looked at the sky
"Nae...eomma...i wish you were here....I'm so hurt..." she said,she can feel the pain piercing in her heart.
"Here..."
"Huh?"
Ilhoon motioned to the book on her lap.
"How did...?" She looked at Ilhoon again,she didn't notice him carrying a book earlier,he doesn't even had a bag either.
"You probably didn't notice that earlier coz you're too busy crying." He said as if he've read her mind.
Sohyun opened the book,there was something written on every page but didn't bother to read it,she turned the pages till she reach the blank one. The book is so thick she kept thinking how come she didn't notice it right away.

"Tonight at 12 o'clock you will write your wish on that book.."

"But..."
"Just try...you'll see...you'll love it.." Ilhoon smiled.
"Now let me take you home."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sohyun-ah, where have you been,your father's been searching for you,it's already past 10 your phone is off!" Eunkwang exclaimed out of worry.

"Appa..?" Sohyun asked as if nothing went wrong.

"My appa...?"
"Who else?wait... are you okay?" Eunkwang noticed her swollen eyes.
"Naega..?nae...i'm fine.."
"Where have you been?"
"I just finished some project at a friend's house.."
"You should have called.."
"My phone is broken..."
"Bo..?"
"It got broken.."
"Aigoo...that's why we couldn't reach you,your father is really worried he's still out looking for you."
Sohyun felt something pricked her heart...she was hurt by the truth but she couldn't bear the fact that her father is still out looking for her,she couldn't bear making him so worried.
"Just tell him I'm home..." she said and walked passed him.
"Are you not going to eat dinner?"
She just shook her head.
"You need another phone? I'll get you a new one first thing tomorrow!" Eunkwang shouted but only the sound of the door being closed answered him and all he can do is sigh as he make a phonecall to Minhyuk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I guess she's really tired. Just let her sleep,you can talk to her tomorrow.." Professor Lim said.