Material girl

Hey you guys!! I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Be sure to comment and tell me how you feel too. Give me your positive and negative feedback but don't grill me. Thank you❤️

My body flushed with fear. He was huge compared to me and intimidating was an understatement. He wore a black v -neck shirt that hugged his torso perfectly and grey sweatpants. A bit too casual for a punishment.
I dropped my head, hot tears welling in my eyes.
"Wait wait wait!"did I say something wrong?" I looked at his callused hands on my hands and lost it. I ran away from him hurriedly down the hall, casting away tears as the flowed.
"Wait!!" I was in his arms now, his bronzed, thick arms.

Arms that held bulging veins.
Arms that intimidated and scared you.
I stood there pressed against his chest as his arm snaked around my waist securely.
It was apparent that I wasn't going anywhere.
"Why are you crying" he chuckled. I pushed away, refusing to look at him.
"Im not going to harm you Ava. I want to talk to you"
"Why?" I whimpered. "Because you're my new personal assistant"

Completely shocked I stopped squirming.
Personal assistant? That's an immensely favorable job. It meant that I'd cater to him and only him whenever he needed me. I'd go with him on all his business trips and be treated almost as well as he was. All in all I'd probably only be working 6 to 8 hours a day rather than my usual 17 which was awesome, maybe too awesome. I contained my squeal with a sudden skepticism. "What's the catch?"
He smiled again. "There is no catch. You'll work for me for 7 hours a day then you'll go back to your room unless I have a business trip, then you'll stay with me. You'll cook my breakfast lunch and dinner, wash, iron and put away my clothes go on errands around the kingdom and run my baths every night. Nothing you haven't done before" he grinned.
I was elated, ecstatic even. Working for only one person and getting to go home afterwards?!? I could've screamed just thinking about it.
He let me go and stood towering over me in silence for a moment.
"I'm not going to make you wear those awful clothes anymore either. We'll go and find you something different. I won't have my little helper looking like some 50's house maid"
I almost screamed again but I let out a smile. "You're going to let me wear what I want?" He chuckled. "Sure, why not?"

I couldn't wait to tell Lily about my promotion this morning or about the fact that I was now sitting in my masters car heading into town.
There was a awkward silence that loomed over us and made it uncomfortable sitting there. I felt as if I should have said something. I thought about thanking him again but he'd grown annoyed. "It's not a big deal" he groaned the last time. It was unbearable.
"Have you ever been into town before?" he asked.
Finally. "No"
"Never?"
"Never"
"First time for everything, I guess"
The truck rolled down the road for what seemed like forever.
I glanced over at him and saw how normal he looked compared to last night. His claws we're drawn and his face wasn't twisted up. He was handsome in the early morning sun light, very very handsome.

"I don't know what to get" I said with 2 pair of denim pants in my hand. "Do they fit?" I asked. He laughed obnoxiously. "Try them on" He pointed to a room across the store that read "Fitting Room" in black letters against baby blue walls. "Oh"
"You have wide hips, so I'd say you're about a 10 or 12" I had no clue what that meant but I payed attention to the 10's and 12's on the hangers and tags.

"Get as much as you like. I'm not going to give you a limit on how much you can spend" 
"Master I can't take your mo" "Call me Carver and it doesn't matter really, it's just money" he butted in.
I played with the tag in my fingers, contemplating whether or not to buy a little bit of stuff or just go home. "Alright"

"Are you all set this time?" the cashier asked impatiently. We'd been through this three times before but the dilemma wasn't me, it was Carver.
I was up to 20 pairs of pants, 5 times as many as the first time I tried to check out, 22 shirts, 26 dresses, 13 pairs of shoes and a large pile of skimpy underwear that were either lace, polka dotted, bowed or floral. Over all it was entirely too much stuff.
"That'll be 5,376 dollars and 67 cents" he sighed after the last pair of shoes beeped. My jaw fell ajar as Carver pulled out his wallet and a stack of 100 dollar bills.

He gave the money effortlessly.
"You're 300 dollars over sir" "Just keep it"
The boy smiled at us gratefully. "Thanks mister!!" Carver snatched up the bags of clothes in one hand and pulled me out of the store, our heels clicking as the hit the blue and cream tile floor, my mind still a bit blown by the amount of money he just made me spend.
"I can't thank you enough for my clothes but did you have to make me spend so much?" I strapped on my seatbelt and waited for him to start the car. He wiped his face with his hands, his hair was out of place making him look more stressed than he already was. "Ava, relax a little bit. I wanted you to have something nice to wear for work when we go out Monday. I want you to look as good as I will. Classy and powerful" All this for one day!? He looked over at me and began smiling. "You need to work on that look of yours. You look mean and feisty when you do it"
"Look? What look" He looked at me then back at the road. "The one you're doing right now. Your brow is furrowed, stop it" I relaxed my face and started pushing my eyebrows together. "Like that?" "Yes" he laughed. "Like that now please stop doing it" I laughed too but only because he was.
His laugh was so loud, it boomed out of him and radiated to everyone around him. It was absolutely contagious.

He kept one hand on the steering wheel and his gaze on the black pavement, his gold watch glistening.