"What did I ever do..." - 1.4K reads special (LAMS)

AN/: HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS 1.4K READS THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! In celebration of this insane amount of readers, and in the essence of Valentines Day, here is a nice and long Lams fluff for y'all.

John's POV:

Alexander finally walked into the house that we shared after spending 3 days straight at his office working while Washington was away with his wife for a family member's wedding. He kicked off his shoes and shrugged off his jacket, throwing his keys on the table and setting down a rather large paper bag. "Hey babe, I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to come home." he says, kissing my lips before undoing his tie. I take a deep breath and nod to myself. "Alex, honey, you've been working so hard these last few days." I say whilst rubbing his shoulders. "I've made dinner." I say, pulling him into the kitchen to reveal a table with a seat on either end, red and white rose petals scattered around the table and over it, two glasses of red wine stood by white plates filled with an Italian pasta dish, the candlelight catching them and shining, setting a romantic atmosphere. Alexander stands in the doorway of the kitchen, staring at the scene before him. "Alexander... please say something..." I whisper, kind of scared. I hear him mumble something under his breath, not quite catching what he said. "Pardon?" I ask him, moving from behind him to his side and putting my hand in his. "I love you so much... What did I ever do to deserve a boyfriend like you?" he asks, kissing me with passion, making my knees feel weak as we both pour all our heart into the intimate gesture. "I love you too." I lead him to the table and pull out his chair, pushing it back in once he sits down. I pick up my wine glass and tap the rim against that of his before taking a sip and beginning to eat.

After the meal, I leave the dishes on the table and lead Alexander upstairs and into the bathroom, where a steaming hot bath waits. He sighs in content and smiles before kissing me again and removing his clothes and sinking into the water that has more rose petals floating in the surface, mixing in with the liquid and creating a relaxing scent that mingles delicately with the steam. I smile at Alexander and leave the room, going downstairs and cleaning up after the dinner we had. After putting the last of the dishes away, I head back upstairs and set out a pair of comfortable sweats on the bed, just in time as Alexander walks into the room, a towel hanging loosely around his hips. I go downstairs and bring up his jacket and tie, putting them back in their places. I turn around to be greeted by Alexander in the sweats, tying his hair back. I smile at him, he kisses me with even more passion than before. "I love you, John Laurens. I absolutely adore everything about you." he says, resting his forehead against mine. "I love you so much, Alexander." He goes downstairs only to return with the bag from earlier. He pulls out a large bouquet of beautiful dark red roses and a small box of chocolates. I chuckle and set the chocolates aside, putting the flowers in the glass vase on the shared dressing table. I turn back to Alexander to see him down on one knee, a small black box in his hands.

I stand there in complete shock. "John Laurens. I am helpless. When I look into your eyes, the sky's the limit. God, I'm so into you, and when we started dating, hell, even now, I still have to reassure myself that 'that boy is mine'. I love you so much. So, will you do me the honour of becoming my husband?" he says, never once taking his eyes off of mine. My vision starts to cloud as tears prick my eyes, I cup my hands over my mouth and nod furiously. "Yes." I whisper as he rises up and puts a beautiful silver ring on my finger, before kissing me again. This has got to be the best day-before-Valentines-Day ever.