Why?!

"Mallorie, you need to wake up!" I heard a voice say. I didn't want to do anything... Except die. I really wanted to die. I groaned, slipping back into sleep. "I got you tickets to a Black Veil Brides concert." That got my attention. I shot up from my bed and looked at the person.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Cole? Don't do that to me! They are my favourite band!" I screamed at the annoying boy, who was currently laughing his ass off. "Asshole," I muttered under my breath.

"Come on, I made pancakes," he said, standing up and walking. I wasn't hungry. I didn't want to eat. I only wanted to be alone with my music.

When he realized that I didn't follow, he turned around. "Come on! I'm not messing around!" he said, raising his voice in annoyance with me. Why the hell was he annoyed with me?! I just wanted to be left alone!

"I'm not going to eat. I'm not hungry," I stated before grabbing a British flag tank top with the sleeves cut down my sides and a pair of ripped jean shorts. I ran to the bathroom and got in the shower, making sure to lock the door behind me.

Once I had finished, I dried my hair and body, put on my outfit, and ran out into my room. I threw on my grey VANS high tops and a black beanie before grabbing my skateboard and running out the door (I never forget my phone, so don't think I don't have it).

I heard Dalton calling my name, but I kept going. I didn't know this area, so I just skated around until I found a skate park. I saw a couple of tough looking guys crowded around the park. I smirked. These boys were in for a surprise.

"Sup boys? Mind if I skate here?" I called out, getting their attention. They all chuckled and walked over to me. Only a couple were actually taller than me. They tried to look intimidating, but I just looked at the tallest and said, "Don't give me any shit, either!"

They all looked shocked, but quickly recovered as a strongly built boy stepped forward. I'm guessing he was the leader of this group, well more like a gang. This looked like a gang.

"Why don't you just run home and leave us guys to skate?" he asked. I didn't like how he was treating me like such a girl.

"Why don't you step aside before I punch you in that face? Hm? How does that sound?" I retorted, followed by a chorus of "oohs". I saw anger flash across the boy's face before it went back to amused.

"You think that you could hurt me? Go ahead! I can take a punch! Or are you too girly to do anything?" he was trying to embarrass me, but all he got was an angry me, who was lunging for his throat. I had knocked him to the ground and punched him in his face until he bled.

"Anyone else? No? Okay, now who's gonna let me skate here?" I asked the rest of the boys, who's mouths were agape at my little display of anger. They all quickly shook their heads and most of them, along with the guy I punched, had left, but a few stayed behind.

"That was so cool! We were just gonna follow that jerk, but I think we should hang with you!" one of them said, almost fangirling over me. He obviously didn't know who my "brother" was and I never planned on telling him.

"I'VE BROKEN BONES FOR YO-" my phone rang. "What the hell do you want?" I asked the person on the phone. Dalton screamed at me to get my "stupid ass" home.

"Don't tell me what to do! I already went through this! YOU ARE NOT MY BROTHER! DON'T ACT LIKE IT! You will never be my brother!" I screamed. And with that, I hung up. I huffed and saw the four boys looking at me. "Sorry, that was my 'brother', Dalton. I'm Mal. You can either call me that or M. What do you guys go by?"

"I'm Josh," one of them said. He was wearing a grey beanie with brunette hair styled up in a quiff sticking out the front. He looked pretty cool, but I wouldn't date him. I don't date, don't kiss, don't have any type of relationship other than what I have with Jay and what I had with Trevor.

"I am Tony!" a really dramatic one yelled, bowing with his arm in front of him. He had blonde hair and blue eyes with pink cheeks and lips. "I am the funniest person you will ever meet!" I laughed at the boy's attempts to be funny.

"I'm James, but you can call me James or Jamie," a black haired boy with dark eyes said. I would date him, if I dated, but I don't. I might if it were him.

"And I am Dan! People usually call me Danny," he shrugged. Danny had dyed cherry red hair and emerald eyes. He looked like a good friend. Ya know, if I picked good friends to hang around.

I heard Cole and Dalton yelling behind me and groan. "Shit! Do you boys have a car that we can use to get out of here before my 'brother' and his stupid friend get me?" I asked the four boys who stood in front of me with awkward poses.

James nodded. "I've got a '67 Mustang GT!" he announced, proud with his car. We all tore towards the car at unnatural speeds. Unfortunately, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back.

I thrashed around, but my captor's grip only tightened. I turned around and saw the familiar hazel eyes and screamed. He didn't let go. "Boys! Help!" I yelled at the four boys I had befriended.

"Nope, sorry Mal, but you are going home! You are grounded until you get your act together!" Cole yelled. I groaned, but didn't stop fighting. I broke out of his grip and rushed to the boys in the awaiting car.

"Your brother is Dalton Rapattoni?! Why didn't you tell me?" Danny yelled. I could feel the scowl growing on my face.

"He is not my brother, and he never will be. My brother died in a car crash along with my parents. Dalton is my adoptive brother, and I hate him," I stated. He seemed to be disappointed that I hated my "brother", but I did.

"I think he's cute, though!" Danny said, being open. My eyes widened. I didn't think that Dan would be gay, or bi, or whichever he was. I didn't care though.

"Quit being so open about it! You just met her!" Josh exclaimed from the passenger seat. I laughed, these boys are already awesome.

My ringtone blared, so I silenced my phone and ignored my brother's band for the rest of the day. That is, until Dana found me.

"Come on, Mal. You're going home. But, I made sure that the rest of the boys won't bother you," he said. He knew what I wanted, and that was someone who understood. And he understood.

Someone understood.