Everything Has Changed

It all started May 2,2013. I remember this perfectly. That one phone call you never imagined you'd get. The one saying, "they did it." My friend had just gotten home from eating out with her aunt. She's confused. "Why are you crying mom?" She never would of thought of it. Never once would it of crossed anyone's mind, that we were about to lose her mom the next morning.

My phone rings, and it's not the same. Something is different just by the way it sounds when I answer.
"Hello? Nicki? Are you okay? What's going on?" I shouted nervously.
Nicki replied, " She's almost gone."
"What do you mean she's almost gone? Whose gone?"
" My mom." she screamed.
" What do you mean she's almost gone babe? Slow down. It'll be okay, breath hunny."
Nicki sobbed, " She.... she shot herself."
I sit there. Shocked, I don't even know what to say anymore. This isn't real life. I must be dreaming, wake up. Why can't I wake up? She isn't really gone. this hasn't happened. "Nicki, don't play this game on me, this isn't funny!" " I wish I was joking babe.." She says, hysterical. I can feel my heart sink into my stomach... It's shattered. From that moment on, nothing will be the same. EVER.