Christmas carol.

8 months pregnant, I finally got my maternity leave. Not that I had anything to complain about, my colleagues helped me whenever they could, even when I didn't need them to, and Michael DAWSON decided that he would sign the birth certificate as the father of the baby. Trust me, I was surprised, but then he convinced me that that way, Jason will have no right upon it, and my baby won't have an asshole as a father. So we became close, but don't mistake it, we are not a couple. We are friends, and that's great. Today, Christmas eve morning, my parents asked me if I could bring Michael for the week-end. So I went to the office, I thought it would be better than to call and disturb him.

"Hey there" I say, getting in his office.

"Hi, one moment" he said, his hand open and facing me. He was on the phone and taking notes. When he hung up, he looked at me and asked "Are you okay?"

"Yes no worries, my mum called and asked if you and your mum wanted to join us for christmas"

"oh, hum, yeah, why not I guess, we would do it just us two anyway, let me call her okay?"

"yup. Also, we will have to pick up Eric"

"Sure"

I get out and say hi to everyone who was working. All of them were amazed by my big belly, and so they kept smiling even when they got back to work. On my way to my apartment, I received a text from Michael :

*My mom said she'd love to. And she thanks your mum*

*Wonderful. We have 2 hours drive, be ready at 4*

*okay*

I pick a nice black dress for pregnant women, wear it, wear a long jacket upon it, take my bag, close the door and got into my car straight towards the mall where the gifts I ordered were waiting for me. I put them in the trunk and drove to the suburbs to pick up Eric.

"Hey" I say when he opened his apartment door"

" Hey, I'm not ready yet" He says

"I can see that"

Indeed, he was only wearing his underwear. A few minutes later, he had a penguin suit on, a bag in one hand and his keys in the other.

"Let's go" he says, closing the door.

"we have to pick up Micheal and his mom"

"What, why?"

"Mum invited them"

"But I don't have gifts for them"

"it's not about gifts E!"

"you sure"

"Yes" I say, parking in front of DAWSON's house.

"I'll go tell them" Eric says, opening the car door and getting out.

A few minutes later, they arrived and got in the backseats of the car, except for Jason who exchanged seats with me, so he drove.

During the ride, Michael's mum kept repeated that it was really nice of my parents to invite them and that she was excited to meet them. I've already met her a few months ago when she asked to see me because Michael had told her everything.

We arrived at 6 and when we got off the car, mum hugged us all, and dad too. He had just hugged Michael and he was already thanking him for everything he did.

We had all helped for the dinner, Eric and Michael set the table, mum and Marylin, Michael's mum, cooked and dad and I served. We all had something to talk about so it was a really live dinner, I think we never laughed that much. Then we played games waiting for midnight so we could open our gifts. When it was midnight, everyone wished a merry christmas to everyone, we ate the cookies and drank the milk, then we gathered on the floor to share our gifts.

"The youngest begins" Eric says, jumping on his bag.

He gave a box to mum, another one to dad, he gave me a rectangular thin box and he handed two small boxes to the DAWSONS

"Sorry I didn't know you were coming, so I just bought these on the way"

"Where did you buy that? And when?" I asked

"When we stopped at the gas station"

"Oh, well done"

Michael was about to open his gift when mum almost shouted "Don't open it, we open all the gifts together"

"Oh, sorry" Michael said, putting the box in front of him.

Then I handed two boxes to Eric, one to dad, one to mum, one to Michael and a small one to Marylin.

Dad and mum both gave Eric and I a box each, a small bag to Marylin and a very thin box to Michael.

"Well, Eric, I didn't know you were coming either, so I bought something for you at the gas station too" Marylin said, handing him a small bag. She gave us all small enveloppes.

Then Michael gave us medium sized boxes.

Eric opened the boxes first to find a tablet and a keyboard in the boxes I gave him, a keyring in Marylin's bag, Sunglasses by Michael, a suit from dad, and a personalized phone case from mum.

I found a cute necklace handmade in Marylin's envelope, a phone from Eric, a set of baby suits from mum, a dress from dad (I was positively surprised) and a wonder woman sleep suit from Michael.

Mum got a jacket from Eric, a bag from Marylin, a hat from dad, a bracelet from Michael and a set of perfumes from me.

Dad got a hat from Eric, a fishing rod and a fishing suit from me, a watch from Michael, a digital photo frame from Marylin and some books from mum.

Michael got sunglasses from Eric, it's like they knew it, a shirt from mum, a photo album from Marylin (his mum), a tie from me and a walkie talkie from dad "because you will have to hear the baby cry".

Marylin got a shirt from mum ('cause she didn't know what she liked), two watches from dad and I, a miniature of her house from Michael and a bracelet from Eric.

We all loved our gifts, thanked each other and kept making jokes and laughing until we couldn't stay awake anymore.

The days kept going normally : work, hanging out and home.