The "last" Person

The year is 2080. Three years after the flare virus wiped out 99% of earth's population. Including Adriana's entire town. Although some were immune, a vaccine wasn't created in time. Anything that had a decent chance of exploding was shut down. While Adriana was glad the land was didn't turn into a atomic wasteland, she was now an orphan whose only companion was her border collie, Rex, and the bow she had been using since she started training archery years ago.

Getting sick from the smell of the dead bodies that were sprawled across the ground, she grabbed her bow and started on her way to the next city.

While traveling, she noticed the tons of graves from the people who had died from the virus. Stretching as far as the horizon.

At last, she had reached her destination. Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais biggest city. If anything this city had more resources and possible survivors.

Making her way to the university she was searching for, she stopped upon hearing and following a small cry. The source of this noise was inside an open house, where a boy that was roughly 17 years old was sitting in the corner with his head in between his knees.

"Hey, are you hurt?" Adriana asked with a worried look on her face.

The boy looked up at Adriana. "Oh...yes, i'm fine. But..." following this whisper, the boy pointed to the bodies of what Adriana figured were his parents.

"Do you want help burying them?"

___

Once that was done, the boy guided Adriana to the university.

"I'm Adriana by the way. I never did get your name."

"My name is Bryan."

"Well thank you for showing me how to get to the university." Adriana said smiling at him

"You're Welcome."

The two walked in silence until they reached their destination. When they arrived, Adriana saw that it was just as run down as the rest of the city, but the smell wasn't as bad due to the lack of bodies. She knew this place rather well since her mother had worked here., and Adriana had visited often. Once the generator started working and Adriana had gotten the supplies she needed, they left.

"What will you do now?" Bryan asked.

Adriana thought before answering.

"I'll travel again. And just like I found you, i'll find many others."

"So i'll go with you" Bryan said nervously.

And so the two traveled together, and found others. With Rex scouting for food and people, Adriana preparing her bow, and Bryan learning to use the bow Adriana made for him, five years went by.

___

The university was a lot better now. Full of lights and a lot cleaner, it was hard to believe one thirty-one survivors lived here. Most of the city was now full or flora and fauna, but the university was the beacon of civilization.

Sitting on a hill, looking at their improved city, Adriana rested her head on Bryan's shoulder

"What will you do now?" Bryan asked

"I think i'll stay here for a while." Adriana replied

"With me?" 

"Yes...with you"