Untitled Part 1

P.O.V. of Ronnie

I stand over my desk, gripping the edges tightly. "They cannot be serious." I manage to bite out through my teeth. "I do not know her. How can they expect me to just- "My frustration is clear in my voice and I groan.

"I understand young prince, but your parents, the king and queen, see it as the best option to unite our two kingdoms as friends and fight our mutual enemy together." My tutor, Professor Stein, interrupts me gently. "Surely you must see the benefits they do."

With a sigh, I turn around, leaning on my desk. "Trust me, I do Professor. I simply do not wish to marry a complete stranger, could an alliance not be arranged without a union?"

"I am sorry Ronald," He sighs as he uses my name this time, "But it has already been arranged. The letter just came this morning, your parents finalized the agreement and are awaiting your arrival."

Reaching over he clasps his hand on my shoulder, a comforting gesture, "Do not despair entirely, you shall have time to become acquainted with her before you shall marry." He offers with a small smile.

"Thank you, Professor." I bow my head slightly, and he takes his leave. Effectively leaving me alone in my study with my thoughts. I do hope she is not like some of the princesses I've met who were overly vain and selfish. I had always hoped to be able to marry for love, and now that too shall be taken from me. It is no longer my own choice. If I am lucky, which I am not usually so, I would find love with her as my parents hope I will someday.