Chapter 1: Awkward Encounters

[The Past]

"Jessica! Better hurry up now! I don't want to be late for the party!"

My sister, Krystal, is a party goer, was invited to a slumber party, and she want me to come. She just wants me to meet some new friends. Our parents don't actually allow us but luckily they did.

"Sis, I'm ready", I said while running downstairs. As I reached at Krystal's side, she said to my parents, "Mom and Dad? We're going now. You'll drive us or we'll just take a cab? My mom said, "Just tell the driver to drive you to the hotel, dear. Are your things ready?"

"Yes, mom."

"Okay. Call whenever you need anything. Be safe, my darlings. Have fun!", my dad shouted from the living room.

---

We finally arrived to the most luxurious hotel I've ever seen, the Montage Beverly Hills.

As we enter the lobby, my sister is busy dialing her friends on which floor it is. "Okay, 23rd floor it is."

"Uhmm, Jessica?"

"Oh?"

"Let's go."

Then she held my hand tightly in going to the elevator.

*ting!* {You are on the 23rd floor.} I heard the voice of a woman on the speakers.

"17... 17... 17... Oh, there you are!", my sister shouted. She pressed the doorbell and after a second, a boy opened the door. I mean, a handsome boy opened the door.

"Oh, hi Luhan!"

"Hi, Krystal! Is this your sister?"

Then, I said, "Hello! My name's Jessica."

"Aww, how cute!", Luhan said. "Come in!"

"Sis, I think this is really awkward", I said.

"Why?"

"Because I don't know these people here."

"Don't worry, you'll know them better."

"Hmm, I think."

I walked directly to where the food and beverages are placed. They have marshmallows, candies and other sweets but the worst part is, beers, and alcohols are in many. Good thing that they have Coke, so I grabbed one. I just stood in a corner, watching people laughing and talking to one another.

One guy caught my eye. He was talking to a bunch of boys who look similarly to him. His skin is like pearl white, lanky and has a proportionally-perfect face. He caught me staring at him, causing my eyes to blink two times. He kinda smirked at me but not like other hot and playboy guys do! It's so embarrassing! Sh*t! Luckily, I found a seat and browsing photos in Instagram.

---

"Sehun, what are you smiling at?", my friend, Jongin asked curiously. "Oh, just a girl", I said. Or a really pretty and cute girl. She is so cute in her pastel pink pants and a blue green sweater. She caught me smiling and staring at her and it makes my heart... flutter. What am I feeling right now? Falling in love? At first sight?

I snapped back to the reality and found my other friends laughing at me. "What are you laughing at?" "Ooh, Sehun? Falling in love, heh?", Baekhyun asked. "I think", I answered. "Which one?", Jongin asked. "That one with a brown hair, drinking a cola." "So pretty!", Baekhyun exclaimed. "Ahh, Sehun? She is the sister of my crush, Krystal", Jongin said, blushing. "What? Really?", I wondered. "Yeah. She's caring and kind but she may be shy." "Oh, I don't mind", I laughed. Sounds interesting.

Fortunately, my another friend, Tao, approached me and said, "Sehun! How are you, buddy? I haven't seen you last semester!"

I laughed and answered, "I know it's been a long time, bro. Haha. I'm fine as always."

"So bro, I would like to introduce you to someone. She's a newbie here", Tao said. "Oh really? Sure! Baekhyun, Jongin, maybe I'll catch up with you later?"

"Okay", they said and went away.

As Tao dragged me out of the crowd, he finally introduced me to the girl I love being stared at. Tao said, "Sehun, may I introduce to you our new friend, Jessica."

+++

A/N NOTE:

Finally an update! Thank you for the 100+ reads! More chapters to come. ;) Don't forget to vote or follow me! ily ❤️ 사랑해요!