Remember? (Greyson Chance)

At 5

"Gwey, your nows is sow red. Can I pinch it?"

"No way. Not until you catch me."

"Wait up!"

At 9

"You look like a girl. " I commented, as Greyson twirled in my pink dress with a fake make-up I put on his face.

"We're sisters!" He replied, showing a wide smile of his.

I laughed softly, embracing him warmly in my arms in surprise, muttering the words, "I love you best friend."

At 13

I wondered what was he up to. His head snapped in all directions and that made him look like an assuming giraffe. I broke the awkward silence, "What the hell are you looking for?"

He looked at me, eyes filled with worry, "Did you see her?"

"I don't have a freaking idea on who are you talking about." And after saying those words, he sped off to somewhere I don't know. I was left, with no one to talk to. Practically, that was the state I was in for how many weeks or so.

At 15

I discovered he would spend most of his time in the library when I entered the place for a research purpose one time in a school year. I observed and went to the library to see if he was there and yes, my expectations wouldn't fail me. Every time I go there, I would always see him looking out the window and smiling like a total idiot. But knowing he no longer cared for my existence, I shrugged it off like nothing happened.

One day, he came to me smiling like a retard and broke in my conversation with my newly-found friends, "Leigh, I got her! I already got Elise for the first freaking time."

Then, awkward silence takes place. My friends shot him a what-the-actual-fuck-are-you-talking-about-we-don't-even-know-you earning a couple of chuckles from them. He stood there with shame, his cheeks flushed red with embarrassment and I stood from my spot, leaving him in the process with my friends.

Before I could even get home, I heard faint steps behind me and before I knew it, a hand grabbed my wrist , pulling it towards a body---wait, Greyson?

"Leigh, let's talk. Please."

"What are we going to talk about? Right, mom says I shouldn't talk to strangers."

"I'm sorry for what I've done to you Leigh. I know you couldn't forgive what I've done."

"Oh? You know I couldn't forgive you. So what's the point of chasing me and saying sorry?"

"I'll make it up to you."

"How? I only have one week left before I go to Ontario."

His face drops to the ground, turning pale. Yes, I'm moving there with my family. He goes back to his normal self after 10 seconds of hushed silence, forcing a small smile while muttering, "I can make it up to you in a week."

"What if I only have 3 days?"

"I'm spending time with you in 3 days. In a day, an hour, a minute or a second. I'm free to spend my time for you. No matter how small it is, at least it's worth it."

On our final week of being with each other was the one I considered as my most unforgettable one. And on that time, I realized one thing I didn't know from the start; I loved my best friend more than anything else (no offense to God and my dad, sorry)