One - Fifteen

9:30 PM Pacific Time. Saturday, November 22, 2012.

     The morning was normal. Keep in mind, this is my birthday. The party was normal. Well, as normal as a 15-year-old girl's birthday party can be. Unsurprisingly, the night was also pretty normal. Just a normal birthday for me.

Except for one tiny problem. The entire day, it felt as if there was another tiny me inside of my head, always moving about. Shuffling about, getting their bearings.

But, it didn't seem like it found it's voice until I lay in bed, drifting off to sleep. Random questions would start to float around in my head. I assume they were from it.

Favorite color? 'Orange.'

Favorite animal. 'Wow, you're in my mind, just look around my room, or mind, and answer that for yourself.' Good point. I felt my eyes become glossy, and I drifted out of control of my own body. I felt my head move around. Foxes. Wow, lots of foxes. Like, lots of foxes. 

While the other me is complaining about my obsession over foxes, I'm freaking out. Like, you can't be calm after a strange force just takes over your freaking body and then starts freaking complaining about foxes.

Holy jeez. Why? Just why. 'Because I freaking felt like it.' Still. So many freaking foxes. 'Deal with it.' Fine.

Now, what's your hair color, I can't exactly see your hair. 'It's ginger.' Great. I get paired with a freaking ginger who loves freaking foxes. 'What's wrong with foxes, or ginger? And what do you mean by paired?' Well, I guess foxes aren't that bad... hmmm. It seemed lost in thought. 'So, uhhh, you gonna tell me what exactly is happening here?'

Got it! Okay, don't freak out. Please. 'Okay...' That's when it happened. I shrunk smaller, my fingers almost fusing together into smaller, slanted hands. My ears shifted to the top of my head. I could feel them reshaping into a triangular shape. The front of my head grew out, into basically a snout. I was transforming. And dang did it hurt.

'I'm freaking out now!' But I just said not to! 'I don't even know your freaking name and you expect me to trust you?' Good point. Hi. I'm Ethan, but call me E. I'm a spirit that was chosen to give you a power. A special power.

The pain stopped. 'Okay E, what the hell am I?' Keep an open mind, okay?  'Nope, I'm out.' I retreated to the back of my mind and let E take control. Fine then, I'll check myself out myself.  'That sounds extremely weird.' Deal with it.

'So, you gonna tell me what I am, 'cause now I'm extremely interested.' You, my friend, are a Kitsune. 'A what?'  A Keet-sue-neigh. 'No clue what that means.'  It means fox in Japanese. 'Wait wait wait wait wait wait. I'm a freaking fox?!'' Yes. 'Gimme control. Now.'

E backed out and I sprang forward for control. As my eyes adjusted, I was leveled with the mirror in my bathroom. Holy geez, I was a fox. Okay, clam. Calm down. I was internally screaming. I wondered if E was deaf yet. I hoped he was.

I was a beautiful red fox. Nice, long ears with a bushy tail. My claws seemed to be trimmed. Huh. To say it simply, I was cute.

That's when realization hit me.

'What the heck have you done to me?'

________________________________________________________________________________

Finished!~

Sorry if it's a bit short :P

See you later my pups! (That is your new name)