Two -

9:37 PM Pacific Time. Saturday, November 22, 2012.  

     Don't worry, it's not permanent.

'It better freaking not be!'

Okay, this next part is gonna hurt. So, jump down and prepare yourself. 

Okay. Simple enough.

Now here comes the hard part. Imagine yourself as a human. Your hair, eyes, facial details, height, weight, etc.

That's when I heard it. A deafening crack thundered around the room.

And that's when I felt it. That crack had been my spine. I panicked, but it was too late. Pain spread throughout my body like wildfire. It hurt. So, so much.

I thought for sure I would die. I accepted it. I had no clue what was happening.

Suddenly, it all stopped. No pain, no sounds. And I was horribly off balance. I crashed to the ground.

I pushed myself up with my arms and looked down. I had hands. Flesh and all. Human hands.

E had just taught me how to shift back.

'Wow. Okay. That hurt.'

I know, but there is no other way.

'So, to shift back, I think of myself as a fox?'

Yep.

Okay. This was all too much to take in. I've had enough excitement for the night. I flopped back to my room and crawled back into my bed.

'Goodnight E.'

Night.

.

.

.

.

My eyes fluttered open to a whispering in my ear.

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

I looked around. No one was there.

Jeez, do I have to remind you or what?

I jumped up. Still no one there. Where was that voice coming from? It sounded my age, but slightly Canadian. Or maybe British. I couldn't tell. The accent was too light.

Hello? Are you just going to ignore me? Nova? Hello?

Ignore? "Who's there" I whisper.

I swear. This aint funny. Do you need me to take control and slap you?

Ohhhhhhhh. Now I remember.

'Sorry.'

Yeah, whatever.

After the crazy event of last night, I felt woozy. Like, really dizzy. I sit back down, waiting for the feeling to retreat. I don't really think that it ever did now that I think about it.

After a while, I get back up to get some breakfast. The pain was still in my spine, so I had to get used to it just being there.

I glance over at my clock on the wall. Only 7:30. I was up early.

I walk out of my room and fix myself a bowl of cereal.

Mom probably went off to work, so I was alone. Like always. I don't hold it against her though.

She has done so much for me and we don't make good money. But one day, we got up, and we deal with it.

Then I remember that E woke me up for something.

'What did you need, E?'

Well I feel like you don't quite understand everything yet, so let's go outside so I can show you.

'Oh. Okay then.'

I open the sliding glass door and walk outside. The grass is blooming and my Willow tree is getting big. The backyard is small, but it'll do for now.

'Alright. So what's happening?'

Shift and start to run around. I'll give you tips and directions.

I shift start to run around the perimeter of the yard at a slow trot. Shifting is still painful, but not nearly as bad as before.

Okay. Try jumping first. Your paws are different than your human legs, so get used to shifting your weight and springing.

Eventually, I started getting used to jumping, running, springing, and stalking.

It was really different, having paws and