Sin

INT• OLIVERS PENTHOUSE• LIVING ROOM• AFTERNOON

OLIVER PACES THE FLOOR OF HIS PENTHOUSE WHILE FRANCESCA SITS PATIENTLY LISTENING.

OLIVER
"What about forgiveness? Isn't that what you preached to me?"

FRANCESCA
"Forgiveness is something that can be earned, if the person is deserving."

OLIVER
"And I'm not deserving?"

FRANCESCA
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fool me thrice, screw you!"

OLIVER
"I gladly will! I'll make you remember what it was like. Make you beg for me!"

FRANCESCA
"You're crazier than I thought, if you think I'm going anywhere near yo- your anatomy."

OLIVER
"You can't even say it! You want to know why?"

FRANCESCA
"Why?"

OLIVER
"Because deep down you want me. You need me. You even love me."

FRANCESCA
"Me love you?"

OLIVER
"Yes. You do. I'm under your skin."

FRANCESCA
"I've already made the mistake of loving you!"

OLIVER
"Forgive me. And I'll show you that I'll never stray again. I'll never lie again."

FRANCESCA
"As I recall, you've said that before. And you see what happened?"

OLIVER
"I'm not the same man as I was before. I'm broken, but you made the first crack."

FRANCESCA
"I didn't crack everything, though did I?"

OLIVER
"I won't lie and say I never wanted to hurt you. Because I did. I wanted you to suffer. I wanted you to be the one to break."

FRANCESCA
"See. Listen to yourself."

OLIVER
"No. You need to listen to me. I love you. I always have. I always will. You're ingrained in my being now. I can't shake you from me."

FRANCESCA
"Do honestly believe that I could think you would ever tell the truth?"

OLIVER
"Yes. Remember us. Our laughs. Our passion. Our hearts are connected."

FRANCESCA
"Us? Was there ever that? There was always others in the way. Someone always in the shadows. And you knew it!"

OLIVER
"Forget them. And think of me! I'm flesh and blood. And my heart beats only for you."

FRANCESCA
"What a line. I fell for it before. Never again."

OLIVER
"What can I do to make you see me?"

FRANCESCA
"Go jump off a bridge."

OLIVER
"Would that make you happy?"

FRANCESCA
"Yes! I'll take pictures of it so I can look at them when I'm feeling down."

OLIVER HEADS TO THE FRONT DOOR

OLIVER
"Fine. I'll do it."

FRANCESCA
"Wait. Where are you going?"

OLIVER
"To jump off your bridge."

FRANCESCA JUMPS UP TO STOP HIM

FRANCESCA
"Stop. Damn it."

OLIVER FALLS TO HIS KNEES IN FRONT OF FRANCESCA

OLIVER
"Why isn't this what you wanted? You wanted me on my knees? I'm here. Tell me you don't love me! Tell me you hate me."

FRANCESCA
"Get up. Stop being stupid."

OLIVER
"No. I'm at your feet. Make me yours. I'll serve and service you till the end."

FRANCESCA
"Get up. I can't deal with this. I can't see you acting like this."

OLIVER
"Then forgive me. And love me. I'm yours, soul and heart."

FRANCESCA
"Heart and soul? Did you ever have either of them? See the silence tells all! I want to believe you. But I was too naive. Too trusting. And I learned my lesson."

OLIVER
"Please. Please."

FRANCESCA
"Don't beg. It doesn't become you. Doesn't that sound familiar?"

OLIVER
"That was for show. I told you, I swear I've told you the truth about everything."

FRANCESCA
"Even Ara?"

OLIVER
"Ara was a complication. Not a need."

FRANCESCA
"Not like me?"

OLIVER
"What more do you want? What else do you need to hear or see to know that I love you with everything that's in me?"

FRANCESCA
"Don't avoid the question, we see what happens when we do!"

OLIVER
"I'll never ignore you again. Feel it. My heart beats for you. And only you."

FRANCESCA
"I can't. I can't do this."

OLIVER
"Why? Because you want me just as much as I want you!"

FRANCESCA
"No. I don't. Not anymore. You shattered that."

OLIVER
"You're lying to yourself. You want me. Your eyes always give you away. Those damn eyes that drew me in.

Moth to flame. Fly to web. And you weaved your fucking way into my heart."

FRANCESCA
"Just like you weaved your way into my life?"

OLIVER
"Make no mistake, baby. I saw what I wanted and I took it."

FRANCESCA
"You wanted to hurt me. You didn't want me. I know that now. And that's why I'm walking away."

OLIVER
"Don't do this, Frankie! I can't live without you! You're the only constant I've ever had!"

FRANCESCA
"I would laugh but what would be the point? We both know you're full of shit! Goodbye, Oliver. I hope you find some peace."

FRANCESCA LEAVES OLIVER ON HIS KNEES, SLAMMING THE DOOR FOR EFFECT.