For Tragedy & Love

INT• AFTERNOON• FRANCESCA SPEAKS WITH OLIVERS BROTHERS AT A CAFÉ

FRANCESCA
"I'm sorry. I haven't been in touch with you in a while."

BRENDEN
"I get it under the circumstances. That's why I've asked you to come here. I'm the messenger for everyone."

FRANCESCA
"Okay."

BRENDEN
"I know my brother can be...trying at times but he is my brother. Oliver has always been a composed person, and he has never cried in front of me or anyone really.

But he came to us and just dissolved. He looked like he hasn't slept in days. He's a complete mess. He told us that you sent him away after he apologized."

FRANCESCA
"Technically I walked out. And you can't really consider that an apology since he was practically telling me what to do."

BRENDEN
"Sounds like the old Oliver. But he wasn't that guy last night. This was someone we've never met. And for the first time in my life, Frankie, I'm scared. I'm scared he's gone over the edge. He needs you. Can you at least talk some sense into him?"

FRANCESCA
"I-I'm not sure I can do that."

BRENDEN
"I know I'm asking a lot. But there's no one else that he'll listen to. No one. Except you! Please."

FRANCESCA
"I'll think about it. So how is Griffin?"

BRENDEN
"He misses you. And he misses the way my brother was when you were around."

FRANCESCA LOOKS AROUND AVOIDING EYE CONTACT WITH BRENDEN, FEELING ASHAMED.

FRANCESCA
"Fine. I'll do it but that's all. I won't take him back. I'm sorry Brenden. But I can't. Too much has happened. I can't go back."

BRENDEN
"I appreciate it. Maybe you can come see Griffin in his play Friday. He would really enjoy that."

FRANCESCA
"I'd love to see him as the Lion. You can count me in."

BRENDEN LOOKS AT HER SHYLY.

BRENDEN
"Oliver is suppose to come. I mean I will understand if you don't want to."

FRANCESCA
"No. I know I promised Griffin I would. So, I'll keep my promise. So what else is new around your way. Heard you were finally seeing someone."

****

EXT. GRIFFINS SCHOOL. NIGHT. (2 weeks later)