Chapter 15

hi i am back, sorry it took so long,, i tend to procrastinate

for the love of a daughter - demi lovato

[[i've rewritten this chapter so many times because if i feel like its not good, im not going to publish it so i keep trying to fix it but then i end up rewriting the entire chapter... sigh]]

_______

"Does my ass look small in these jeans?" I questioned Lili while she typed away on her phone. Her gaze wandered to my butt and she inspected it for a couple seconds before shaking her head.

"No it actually looks bigger than normal, but does it really matter if your butt looks big at a family dinner?" Lili chuckled, tossing her phone to the side.

"There might be cute boys!" I scoffed, "Lord knows I need a normal boy in my life. These famous boys are getting me caught up." I joked.

She rolled her eyes and laughed quietly. "The only boy you need in your life is Luke, I swear you two will have the cutest little mixed babies!" She gushed and I rolled my eyes.

"Luke and I aren't even talking at the moment and I'm only a quarter black! You can't even tell." I squealed in response to her.

"You two are so hard headed." She mumbled as she stood from the bed. "I'm gonna straighten your hair for you."

>>

Mommy Dearest: meet us at the restaurant in 5

Kelsie: be there soon x

Lili and I hopped in my car and drove the place my mom had suggested in almost total silence. She and I hadn't been hanging out much recently and I felt like something was off with her, but I know Lili and if you push her to talk about her feelings, she just pushes herself away until she's legit ready to do so.

"Why do you think your mom is making you guys come here?" Lili asked as we made our way to the entrance of the building.

"I'm not sure and that's why I'm nervous. I feel like my entire family has kinda broken apart these past 6 months and it's heartbreaking but it happens right?" I babbled and Lili nodded as we found our table.

Kris and Jacob were sitting on one side of the booth and David and my mom were sat on the other side so I subconsciously slipped in next to Jacob, forcing Lili to sit by my mom.

"Hey Lili, haven't seen you around in a while." My mother gushed at my bestfriend and Lili smiled a warm smile back to her.

"Yeah, Kelsie and I have both been very occupied these past couple months." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"Right." My mother said passive aggressively. Everyone greeted each other and the waitress took our drink order while we sat in silence.