Prologue/Chapter 1

Prologue:

"Granddaddy?"

"Yes Jan."

"Please tell me the story of the war."

"Alright. Well, I'll start where the good part begins and tell I accidentally ended the ceasefire. you probably have been told of that."

"Yes Granddaddy, I know that."

"Well, this story starts my second year in the fleet. I was in my stealth fighter and on watch over one of the many launchpads of the Junitarian Empire's occupied moons of the time."

"Oh Yay!"

"It will take quite a few story times to tell the whole thing. Here we go."

Chapter 1:

"Oosh," I said as I observed my scanner console readouts.

Middle Watch, in a stealth fighter, over the territory of the Juntarian Empire. The enemy. Nerves on edge silence all around. The readouts were showing that a cargo ship was prepping for launch, where was not specified. time to report to my commander. 

I reached out to my ship, "Ship, activate the the magnetic tracker launcher."

"Yes sir, activating, specify target," said the cool female robotic voice of the stealth fighter.

"No target yet, but see the ship that is coming in on the passive sensors? When it activates the engines for take of, stick a tracker on it." I answered.

"Yes sir,"

"Good, here it goes."

I activated the com on my headset and said, "Sleep one to fleet commander, cargo ship is taking off, I am going to lock a tracker on it then send you my coordinates every 60 clicks. 

A click is the unit of time for my people. The people of the Alpha-Centari system. It is equal to 2.5 earth seconds, 60 clicks makes an Alpha-Centari hour.

So anyway; "Alright Sleep 1 follow it to landing and we will add that place to the watch list if it is not already there. Follow the tracking procedures."

"Yes sir, commencing sir!"I replied.

There was the engine signature, the tracker cannon fired and the tracker flew down to the cargo ship. Clank! I didn't hear it but I saw the impact. The magnet locked on and I moved back.

"Ship, Activate the stealth shields." I called to the ship

"Yes Sir."

I sat back in my seat. It was comfortable and silky. It seemed I could just sink straight into it. I wrapped my hands around the familiar controls that I knew so well. I look at my tracker screen and see that the ship has begun liftoff. The ship used its anti-grav lifters and left the surface shooting of into space. I levered the controls, spun around and shot off after it.