Chapter 2

"Well Jan?  Are you ready? Now where was I,... Oh yes there. I was chasing after the ship and telling the commander at the same time."

"Ship, Send my position to the commander every 60 clicks," I said quietly.

"Yes sir," came the cool female voice of my ship.

Back at home base...

"Sir, we have an incoming position track from Sleep One's ship," Said the tracking officer.

"Good, follow it on your screen," said the commander.

Now, back to me...

It is heading roughly in the direction of Alpha-Centari. Hmm. I wonder what the Junitarian empire has over there. "Aha!" I shouted,they were headed for the Aromarian moons. Wait a second. Oh, never mind. I moved the controls pushing my ship to a greater speed. Suddenly the giant cargo ship lit up brightly then disappeared. Dangit, I thought. The ship had gone to light speed. I locked my ship onto the tracker location and threw the lever.

The stars around me transformed into streaks of bright light, then to spirals. 

Suddenly the ship said, "Sending second location transmission. Changing direction in light speed to follow tracker."

"Wait," I replied, "check first for any obstacles in the new path."

"Yes sir. There ware no obstacles. Direction change proceeding."

"Good".

There was a Kachaw Pffft sound. The course changed. Soon the screen flashed that we had arrived at out destination and the ship slowed. The stars became stars again and but the space was very not open. A planet much like earth eliminated all view of other things. There, the ship was headed down to the planet surface

"Sending location track signal back to base," said the ship.

"Ok," I replied.

"Well Jan, Story time is up. You are probably wanted at the table."

"Okay Granddaddy, I'll head down now."

Well, off she goes. Into the turbo lift. I think I'll head down too.