Chapter 4 ✿ The Rose Prince

Sakurai sighed in content as she wandered through the pavement laden walkway, treading through the thick forest of leaves and trunks into a clearing

Rose shaped sparkles fell neatly from the sky creating a fairytale-like essence to the scenery. The scene was right out of a book and looked like a heavenly shower of flowers.

Along with the flowers came beautiful singing, pure and sweet as if it was coated in honey. However, with the voice of an angel came a distant sound of bittersweet chocolate blending in with the melodic song, as if the singer was discontent with something.

Sakurai didn't care though, the only thing she wanted to do right now was accompany the voice with some of her own music, the piano.

With steel-like determination, the pinkette made her way towards the clearing with the lake, not paying any mind to the ravenette also occupying the scenery, before sitting down at the grand piano she had ordered and pressing her finger against one key. Then another, and another, and another until she created an entire song.

The singing paused for a moment but Sakurai was too submerged in the song to notice, continuing to play, pouring her heart and soul into the sweet but sour song, the honey-like voice picking up again and beginning to sing.

It was almost like a ballad with the piano and vocals forming a duet.

  When it was over, Sakurai was shocked to see the rude yet devilishly-handsome black-haired student from before standing there.

He had a leering face as he said, "I'm surprised. I didn't actually think you had any talent with those manners of yours."

Sakurai cocked a brow, an 'Are you serious?' expressions drawn on her pale features. "Don't you think I should be surprised of your talent with all the garbage that comes out of your mouth? I'm shocked that you can even make something sound so beautiful."

The student clicked his tongue, turning away. "Whatever!" He shouted aggressively, warming up his voice for another song.

Sourly, Sakurai focused her attention once more on her piano, trying to match a tune with the song the stranger was singing.

Although his voice was much angrier than before, their musical duet was probably a sight to behold. It definitely was for the ginger-haired second year who had stumbled across them after wandering through the thicket of trees and foliage.

Her mouth was agape, eyes twinkling as roses and snowflakes converged to form a spring-winter wonderland.

This would remain a secret until the whole school saw it, an event not written into history.

Not yet, at least.

-

Sakurai stared at her fingers as she made her way back to her dorm.

With pursed lips she realized just how much she enjoyed the duet she had with the raven-haired student, no matter his attitude.

Sighing, she unlocked the door to her room, flopping down on her mattress with a 'thump'.

An energetic voice greeted her from the other side of the room but the pink-haired girl paid no mind to the person. Instead, she was in her own world, her mind, where life was happy and her father was still alive, teaching her how to play the piano.

With those thoughts burning in her mind, Sakurai eventually fell asleep to the turn of Für Elise.