Bloom

She was a flower, so pure and so beautiful. Yet, she had yet to bloom. Her petals were closed tight, just like the the thorns around her fragile heart. She was afraid. She was timid. She was anything, but brave. Anything, but courageous. Anything, but lovable.

She was greatly loved, however, by her friends and family. Yet it wasn't a love she was searching for. She was looking for a different type of love. A love so powerful it could break the evilest of spells. A love that was undeniably brilliant. A love that anyone can look at and envy. A true love is what she dreamt for.

She dreamt for years prior and years to come, until she was at the ripe age of reasoning. And although she dreamt this dream, she knew it wouldn't come true. For there was no such thing as a powerful love to break any spell. No such thing as a love that was so undeniably brilliant. No such thing as a love people can envy. No such thing as true love.

Yet she dreamed. And she searched. And over the years, she grew sad with each lonely passing day, her heart crying out to the one that didn't exist. After false hopes and dreams and years of tears and heartbreak, she was ready to give up...

Until him.

She saw this man, so brilliant in his form, his image of that of a Greek god. His personality charmed any lady in sight, including herself. She soon felt the attraction rumble inside her, as she fell deeper into infatuation.

Her heart began to soar once more, unbinding herself from the harsh thorns that stopped her for so long. She felt the butterflies swarm deep within her. And after years and years of hurt and betrayal and lonely nights crying to a lost lover that didn't exist, her heart began to feel the true love she long so desired and dreamt for.

And suddenly, she began to bloom.