Love to Me

People's ideas of love are so complex. People love love, people hate love, and some are just in between. But.. what is love to me?

Love to me is standing along the coastline shores and looking out into the sea, staring out into the horizon, captivated by its beauty... but he's looking at you.

Love is getting takeout and cuddling next to a fireplace on a cold and rainy day while catching up on your favorite crime-drama because he let you pick.

Love to me is singing in the shower, singing in the park, singing in class or at work, just singing all the time because you're so madly in love.

Love to me is when you're having a bad day, and you don't have to say a word and he's there to comfort you and make you smile.

Love to me is being so madly in love with a person you just want to slap them and kiss them at the same time.

Love to me is being equally sarcastic to each other and cracking wise ass jokes with one another and driving the other insane.

Love to me is being prickled by a thousand thrones on a rose, but you still hold that rose because of its beauty.

Love to me is a painting of nature; rigid like the mountain tops, soft like sky and clouds, and beautiful like the trees and the river.

Love to me isn't perfect. It's not a perfect measure of when and where, nor how and why. Love is a mess, a chaotic mess, yet a beautiful mess.

Love is perfectly imperfect. And that's what love is to me.