Her

My heart clings to you in desperation, locked and the key thrown away. I look to you in admiration and love. How could I possibly be so lucky?

I want to call you mine, yet we're both afraid. Afraid of hurt, afraid of heartbreak, afraid of love. I'm scared, but not in the way you think. No, not in the way you feel.

I'm scared we'll drift. I'm scared we'll dissipate into the nothingness of space and time as we call each other a "one time fling." My racing thoughts eat away at my mind like a pack of wolves on a deer carcass. I look to you in hope, in desire, hoping you still feel the same towards me.

Though we are fine, things began to fall when she comes. She's beautiful, and talented, and much like you. She's funny, and she's great. She's better than me. Better than I'd ever be. You two get along great. Too great.

The worrisome thoughts set in once again as I continue to grasp onto the hope that you still feel the sparks when you're with me. I cling on tightly, as she draws closely near.

My thoughts drown me in a pool of tears, my heart beats to the angry drums of my emotions, yet my body shuts down onto the floor in a pile of feelings.

As the many thoughts race through my head, I sit on the ground in a pool of my sorrow that I rained down upon around me. I sit in my frustration, in my anger, that I get so attached to you.

Maybe it'd be best if I just left. Maybe it'd be best if I just dissapeared. Maybe it'd be best if I just... was gone.

I want nothing more than you. I want to see you. I want to hear you. I want to feel you. And I want to know that I can call you mine. Yet, with her ever lingering presence, I feel a sense of... despair. The hope I once felt seems to be gone. The dreams I dreamt seemed to be gone. My feelings are a tangled mess of spiders and cords and I just want to be free. Free from the drowing of my tears and the drowning of my thoughts. I seem to can't breath, the anxiousness grasping and pulling the air out of my lungs.

I cling to the hope that things will get better. I cling to the dream that you will be mine. And I cling to reality, and I know that if you love something, you must let it go.