Prologue

Hiccup

This is Berk. The village I grew up in. It's nothing like you expected if you were me. Why you might ask?

It was because that very Viking wanted their child to follow them in their footsteps, and what I get?

I get disgraced by the villagers mostly because they think I'm weak,

As I walk through the village, people just stare at me, like I was nothing.

I hear whispers among the villagers, mostly about me.

I walked to the workshop and noticed my mentor, Gobber the blacksmith.

"Aw, Hiccup! I'm glad that you're still here!" He said to me as I put up my apron.

"What you expect me to be, Gobber? No one accepts me of who I am, especially my own father who just cares more about his chieftain duites instead of his own son!" I said, while I sharpen a sword in hand.

The blacksmith looks at me for a moment then looks away.

My father is no other than Stoick the Vast, the Chief of the Tribe.

Ever since I was born, he never seen me, and treats me like a stranger.

Gobber interrupts my thoughts.

"Hiccup, he does love you, but you have to let him show you." He said.

He will never show love. I don't know will he ever accept me.

"Look, it's the weak Viking!" I hear a young familiar voice said.

It was my cousin, Snoutlout. My father adores him and he wanted him to be the Heir of Berk instead of me.

"What you want, Snoutlout?" I glared at my cousin.

"I just wanted to see how my cousin does when he works in the blacksmith's shop!" He laughs.

As I hated him, I wanted to punch him in the face, but I knew if I did hit him, he will never change.

I flex my fists, trying to cool myself down, "Leave."

"Gee, you're a little temper aren't you, cuz?" He smirks as he leaves.

I decided to leave the shop.

Why would anyone accepts me of who I really am?

All of that would change. One day, Berk will accept me.

Funny thing that fate has other plans for me and all of Berk.

Author's note: This is a new story and it was an inspiration thanks to @JenniferTjandrajana's book, "Beware." Her stories are amazing and plz check them out! - Jan