The Murder

×3rd Person×

It was a terribly cold night in the kingdom of Nymphia, The underwater streets being swallowed by nothing but echoes of various marine life. Not a single voice could be heard; And not a single soul could be found anywhere in sight. But out of the shadows, a cloaked figure emerged. The kingdom wasn't accustomed to criminal activity, and this "figure" was looking to commit exactly that.

As it sprinted swiftly throughout the labyrinth of alleyways, it kept one thing in mind; Their actions could cause all Hell if known about.

Upon reaching their destination, being the castle; They suddenly sprouted a pair of mangled wings, using these to fly directly to the highest tower in the previously  impregnable castle. Now seeping in through the window, they lunge towards the King with the swiftness of a shadow...

.... But
why the King ?

Being struck in the neck, the King let out a blood curdling scream, which ended up disturbing the deep slumber of his Queen.. But by the time she had realized that his life was fleeting, the culprit had already made their escape.

He left behind no final words as he took his last breath in his wife's arms.

On the following day, a newly widowed Queen sought reconciliation for her late King; commanding the Kingdoms soldiers to deeply comb through the whole place for any leads, and commanding her allies to do the same in their own realms.

Though, they didn't find anything, for the stubborn Widow had lacked the most important detail:

A lead on what the culprit looked like.

She was torn; But to her luck, a shred of hope was presented to her in the form of an up-and-coming detective that a noble of her court had suggested.

A humble and strong willed young lady; Her true origin was a mystery to all. She went by many names; Black Death, Justice's apprentice, etc. etc. But the only name she seemed to truly accept was:

' '
Detective Vidula ' '

"What kind of name is that?"

"Where's she even from??"

"Why does she so closely resemble The Weaver of Fates?"

Though many questioned her, no answers were ever met. Many of her acquaintances have been questioned, but all refused to say a word. And when publicly questioned, she'd simply say, in a calm tone,

"My origins are unnecessary; What matters is helping others get vengeance."