Chapter 1

I slowly climbed out of my bedroom window, careful that i didn't make any noise to waken my parents. I jumped down and landed on my feet, they stung a bit but i walked it off. I found my old bike and got on, riding as fast as i could to my special hiding spot. The moon alleyways.

The moon alleyways is where all the druggies and burn outs hang out. They always have the greatest parties. Of course I wouldn't be seen in one because word gets around about who attends. My mother and father would kill me if they knew what I do. I rode past all the drunken and high people to my special corner. The corner where nobody looks, nobody goes. A place for me to finally get away from all my problems at home.

I got to my corner and i placed my bike on the ground. I started to walk to the corner, taking my cigarette box and my lighter from my top pocket. When i arrived it didn't take me long to realise someone had discovered my hiding place

My feet got faster and my pace quickened, and as I got closer, I thought I recognised who it was but i couldn't remember. It was dark so i couldn't see the features clearly but i knew it was a boy. I felt a pair of eyes burning through me as i stride down the pathway of my favorite destination. I stood as far as i could from him but as close as i could get to the corner. I lit my cigarette and moaned at the way it felt in my throat. My head tilted back with the feeling of pleasure that fell through my body. I live for this feeling, nothing in the world mattered when I felt like this. Cigarettes are better than drugs, cigarettes give me a better high than anything could ever have.

"mind if i borrowed your lighter" the voice of the boy standing in my corner spoke

'get your own'

"i forgot it'

"not my problem"

"fine"

'fine.'
I stared into what I could see as his eyes, giving him a blank expression, not that he would see. I shuffled back slightly, backing away from the boy. He held a gaze on me, almost as if he was in awe. He then shrugged and strode right past me, as if to brush off what just occurred. I quickly shuffled into my corner, dragging my bike across the ground toward me. I couldn't help but think about that boy. Who did he think he was? Standing in my corner. I take another draw from my cigarette, inhaling the glorious smoke it produced, feeling it enter my lungs.

My music blared through my earphones as I cycled back home. I paused my journey to check the time, seeing that it was 3:43am. I continued to cycle, picking up the pace as I arrived at the end of my street. Once I arrived at my house, I hopped of my bike, silently placing it back to where it had been. I then climbed onto the wall at the side of the house, pulling myself up onto my balcony. I opened the window to my room as silently as I could, only hearing it squeak once. Once I finally got into the heat of my room, I let out a long sigh. As much as I loved my special corner, I also loved the warmth of my bedroom.

I changed out of my smoke-scented clothes, replacing them with my pyjamas, and quickly jumped into my bed. I let out a groan as the warmth quickly heated my body.