Chapter 2

I turned around so that he couldn't see me blushing, then grabbed my bag and walked away.

I was waiting to get off the boat when I heard someone calling my name.

"Ria, Ria wait"

I turned around and saw my sister pushing through the crowd towards me. I waited for her to catch up then walked along side her off the boat. Once on the dock she looked down at me smirking and said "Who was the guy."

My face turned bright red and I turned away. "I don't know what you are talking about," I said blushing. She raised her eyebrows but didn't pry.

My sister's name is Leanna Darkwood but she goes by Luna she is in her 8th year at Ilvermorny and is staying for two more.

We walked a little ways until we finally reached the bottom of the mountain where we climbed into carages to take us up to the school.

I walked into the huge entrance hall and stopped in my tracks the ceiling was a huge glass dome engraved with scenes of magic, and stretching around the walls were two balconies that were already starting to fill up with people. In the center of the room a huge gordian knot was engraved into the floor and behind it were four huge wooden statues each representing one of the different houses.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my back and I jumped it was the boy from the boat, he smiled at me and I quickly looked away. He had Black hair that fell into his bright blue eyes, he was slightly taller than me and he was wearing a dark blue Ilvermorny cloak over a dark gray shirt and black pants.

Blushing madly, I walked away through the crowd towards the other first year students, then I began randomly staring at people again.

I came out of my daze when someone called my name. I quickly stepped forward onto the gordian knot and closed my eyes. I heard the entire room go quiet so I opened my eyes and gasped.

I never expected this, three of the four houses had responded. Pukwudgie, Thunderbird, and Horned Serpent.

Even though my mother was in Pukwudgie and my sister is in Wampus I have always wanted to be in Thunderbird.

I was partly in shock, I thought I would be in Pukwudgie like mom. But I walked forward towards the Thunderbird statue as what must have been the entire Thunderbird house applauded me.