Chapter Nine

Thank you to my girl for the idea of this chapter!

Thought this would be a cute, fun little chapter to make up for my time being away!

Newt and Elizabeth wandered down the busy street of New York once more after leaving the little cafe. The two walked cautiously as the busy streets were backed up with not only cars but people as well. People pushed and stood in their path, aggravated with the traffic on the sidewalk and road. Some pushed against Newt causing him to jump and panic slightly.

Elisabeth looked up at the tall man softly. "Relax, it's okay." She called out over the noise of people and horns. He nod rapidly, swallowing down his nerves.

The two stopped walking when a crowd of tourist stood, blocking their path. They sighed, growing tired of all the commotion. An idea struck Newt and he reached down to grab Elizabeth's hand, going close to her ear. "Come with me." He said before walking with her hand in his. Furrowing her eyebrows, Elizabeth walked without protesting, slipping through the crowd. Newt looked over people's heads, making his way to an alley way.

"Are we going to do that funky, fun, weird teleporting thing!?" Elizabeth smiled brightly as she passed a group of people who looked at her. Ignoring them, she looked up at Newt.

He didn't look back but smiled slightly, glancing down at his feet. "Yes, we are." She laughed excitedly and skipped slightly. The two came free of the busy sidewalk and walked behind a dumpster. "Where to, miss?" He asked shyly.

Elizabeth thought for a moment. "Let's start around Central Park." She started biting on her lip, she thought of where. She snapped when a thought struck her. "Well we can start with the American Museum of National History. That's around Central Park." Elizabeth said.

"Is it a place the Obscurus could attack or where Grindelwald could be?" Newt asked.

"Well it could be. It's kind of hard for us to find him, especially in New York City." The two sighed and frowned until Elizabeth smiled a bit brighter. "I actually think you'll like it, the museum." Newt blushed, glancing down as he smiled shyly. "We're still doing our search but we're also going to go have some fun."

Newt nodded and pulled out his wand. "Ready?" Elizabeth nodded, gave a smiled, and they disapparated.

~

Elizabeth and Newt appeared on the other side of the street outside of the museum. No one seemed to noticed, which caused them to relax. Looking at the building, they let go of each other's hands and glanced at each other. "Come on, Newt. Let's do this!" She exclaimed and took off to the building. Newt laughed at her excitement and jogged to keep up with her.

"Elizabeth-Elizabeth wait for me!" Newt called causing her to slow down. Looking back, she motioned him to come quicker. Picking up his pace, he quickly came up in front of her, panting. Looking up at the building, he panted before speaking. "The museum, what's so special about it?" He asked, looking down at Elizabeth.

"Come on, I'll show you." She smiled and walked up the steps to the building. They walked inside the doors and walked right in front of a big skeleton of dinosaur.

Newt's eyes wide as he takes a step. "Merlin's beard..." He whispered in amazement.

"You think that's good? Wait until you see the whole dinosaur exhibit. Since I know you like animals and creatures so much I thought you would like to come see this place." Elizabeth walked away to go buy tickets, glancing back at Newt who stared at the skeleton. Giggling, she turned to paid the lady behind the desk and took the tickets. "Newt!" She called his attention.