"Dear Journal," ... Ew.

That sounds disgusting. I'm just gonna be honest. This is your brother Daniel. I know you're so excited! I'm very awesome, always remember that.

Anyway, it's Sunday. Did you fall asleep in church? It's okay, it gets easier as you get older... When you have a cell phone or something to do to distract you. Molly has books... Cause she's a nerd. Remember that too, okay?

Mom made spaghetti. If you're like me, which I hope you are (and you should too), you'll hate mushrooms. They are the devil's fungus. Sometimes, mom likes to sneak those bastards in. Check her. Ask her if she put them in. BUT REMEMBER THIS: She lies sometimes. Grab the spoon and check. If she doesn't stop you, you are good. If she does, those little sons of bitches are in there. Don't eat it. They ruin the whole thing.

Also, school is tomorrow. If you know what's good for you, you'll try to catch a cold, burn all your clothes, slit your throat, something, because school is the worst! I'm going to be a freshman in high school so I'm in the same fight with probably different allies, on a whole nother battlefield, against different opponents. This is the moment where we bow our heads for a word of prayer... For me. If I come out a monster, blame the school system.

Well, I need to go. Dad is yelling about dirty dishes.

I need you and Molly to grow up faster because I'm out here by myself right now.