Thrown out

(Envy's POV)

This Halloween was unlike any other.

Black cats were thought to be savages, evil savages searching for food. They were thought to be mean, bringing bad luck to the world. This kitten was different...

If Angel hadn't have taken her in, she would never have found her true self. If she hadn't been kicked out, she would have been forced into evil. If she hadn't have been born, the world would still be afraid of the black pelt covering a cat...

It was Halloween night and a queen, a female cat, who was currently pregnant, lived with her mate. They could not wait to give birth to their kitten, whom they believed would grow up to be like them, savages, purposeful savages.That very night, their kitten was born, although being expected later on in the year. She was named Envy due to her green eyes and dull pelt. (Named after the phrase green-eyed.) Every night after her birth, she would usually cry herself to sleep after being forced to dodge nettles, run marathon-like distances without rest and eat whatever they could find in the dump.  Once she turned 6th months (April 24th) she was not expecting a gift at all, never mind this gift...

It was the very morning that she turned 6 months and expected no more than her parents to forget. She plodded along the muddy path that brought her to her  training area where she expected to walk home with scars covering every square inch of her body. She didn't walk home with any scars, infact she didn't walk home at all. Once she got to her training area, she was told word by word,

"You are a disgrace to black cats!!! You are currently failing all of your training!!! Do you hear me!!! ALL OF IT!!! LEAVE!!!" This was straight from her mothers mouth.

So, she did just that, she left. Left forever.

She spent sleepless nights lay on the pavement. She was still  referred to as a kitten, so she was apparently weak. Every night at least ten humans would look at her with a horrified expression on their faces. "AHH! A black cat! They belong in Halloween!!! Kill it!!!!" Most of them would scream. One night, in the darkness of an alleyway, she saw a shadow peering over her...