➳ 16

"Abbie seems to think you'd be 'well suited'―her words, not mine―to a friend of hers. His name's Eddie, I think― something beginning with an E, anyway. But, yeah, she thinks the two of you would hit it off, and is wondering if you'd like to meet up with him sometime," Tyler said from his place lounging across the foot of Paisley's bed, one hand petting Franklin's back.

               Paisley lowered her half-empty mug of hot chocolate onto the bedside table, drawing Franklin's eyes to her at the movement, and then leaned back against the mountain of pillows that adorned her bed. "How does she even know that? She doesn't know me." She frowned, bringing her knees up to her chest, hoping it'd distract her from the pain twinging her chest― maybe Cara was right; maybe what she felt for Tyler was more than just the friendship she'd grown so accustomed to over the few years they'd known each other. She'd only just gotten used to this― to having a celebrities as her closest friends, having cameras flash from unknown places and seeing her face in the tabloids the next day, all because she was close with these people. Romantic feelings for Tyler Posey was supposed to be  a thing of fan fiction― not real life. At least, not hers.

               "Believe it or not, Pais, but I do talk about you," Tyler chuckled, turning on his side to look up at her with big, brown eyes. "You're important to me, and Abbie needs to know that. I talk about the others, too― about Dylan, and Cara, and Holland, and Dylan Junior, and Rory, and Shelley― everyone we're close to, everyone that comes with the Teen Wolf Cast and Co circle. If she wants to be with me, then she's going to have to get used to the fact that we're all pretty much a package deal."

            "But, what does that have to do with me, specifically? Why am I the one she wants to set up with her friend? Surely, he'd like one of the others better? I'm just― I'm just a teacher, not an actress, or a model, or a singer. I'm just―."

               "You're wonderful, Paisley. You're my best friend, and I love you― and Eddie would be lucky to have you." He interrupted, reaching over to grasp her leg since it was the only part of her he could reach. He smiled, softly, and rolled onto his back once more.

              "What's he like, then?" She asked, "If he's so good for me?"

               She didn't say 'I think you're better,' or 'What if you're well suited to me?'. She didn't say all the things she didn't know she wanted to say, before then. She'd missed whatever chance she had. Whatever window of opportunity was there, she'd missed it because she was too oblivious to see that it was starting to close, or that she wanted to climb through it all along. Because Tyler had Abbie, and Abbie was lovely, and that was that. Abbie and Tyler were together, and Paisley was being set up with her friend.

               She hated when Cara was right.

---

poor paisley :(

she deserves all the happiness in the world

but instead she gets heartbreak