➳ 27

"Tonight was fun," Paisley said as she and Tyler came to a stop outside her apartment door. The laughter died on Tyler's lips, and instead he just smiled, looking at her with bright eyes as they just... stood there.

               "Yeah, it was," he agreed, brushing a hand through his hair.

              Silence fell between them, but neither opened their mouths to say goodbye, to put an end to the unfamiliar sort of awkwardness that had fallen over them. All they could do was look at each other, and Paisley wondered why she didn't just open the door and go inside; end this night on a good note. But, then again, no one had ever said she was a genius in common sense.

               Tyler looked to be contemplating something for a minute, but before Paisley could question what was on his mind, he was closing the distance between them. Paisley's eyes fluttered close as their lips met, and her hands curled around the fabric of his t-shirt. She was sure her heart was skipping beat after beat; he'd killed her. This was a pretty good way to die, she supposed.

              Almost as soon as the kiss started, it was over. Tyler was pulling away, and Paisley was opening her mouth to ask if he wanted to come inside. But, when she opened her eyes, all she saw was his retreating back as he raced down the staircase. Gone. Just like that. And suddenly, she was very aware of the cold. 

---

am literally just writing chapter after chapter just to get this done tbh

both this and yours will only have 70 chapters

at this rate, forever will probably have more

(this is mainly bc want to get started on other fics)