Never Going Back

CH.1

I sat there, crying. Looking at a photo of my family, my dead family. It was a photo of parents and I, at the beach, when I was little. Oh yeah, my names Carter, Carter Jones. What happened to my parents?

It all started when I was little, I was playing with my mom with my toy trucks when I heard a knock. My mom told me to stay there. I waited for awhile until I heard a cry. I peak my head around the corner to see two guys in army suits and my mother sitting there, balling here eyes out. I then stood there with my eyes tearing, I knew what happened. My father had passed away. I ran to my mom, I hugged her and we cried together. The soldier patted on my back and said "You're a good kid, keep your mom well." He smiled and shut the door. We both just sat there. Sad, and no where to go.

5 Years Later...

I sat there at my desk doing boring Social Studies home work. I mean who needs to learn about ancient pottery? I needed my mom to help me on this when I get home. That's when a call came. The whole class looked up when the phone rang. My teacher pick up the phone, she nodded her head and the put her hand over her mouth and started to cry. Then, I saw her say "Carter Jones, may I please speak with you?" My eyes watered and I knew what was going on. My mom had gotten sick very bad that week, I wondered what happened. She took me to a private room and said, "Your mom is in the hospital, she has cancer." I stood their in shock, nothing moved but the the tears down my eyes. "Is she going to be alright!?" I said "Can I go see her?" I can take you since school is now dismissed, get your stuff and follow me. Everyone looked at me and said "Sorry." I did not care at all. I needed to see my amazing mom. I was now balling. Tears were all over my face, I knew she wouldn't feel good. I finally got my stuff and ran to my teachers car. (Which was awkward.)

She started the car and headed to the hospital my mom was located at.

I looked out the window and thought what would happen if she was gone. I would have no where to go. We had a couple days of school left. What would I do all summer? Run away and live homeless? I would have no other family members alive, it just scared me. "I hope your mother feels better," my teacher said. We finally arrived at the hospital.

When she parked I immediately ran to the front desk. "What room is Ms. Jones in?" I quickly asked, the lady new I was her son. She looked at her paper

and said "C7." Dang it, I thought. I would have to go up the elevator to get to the room. I rushed to the closest elevator and pressed the up arrow. After a couple of seconds the elevator finally, I sighed of relief and ran in. I shoved through people and I finally pushed the "Level C" button. It felt like a decade until the door finally expanded out. I turned right and found the signs saying "C10,C9,C8,C7" There we go and I barged in. Laying there was my mom and a doctor, when I saw her, tears watered from my eyes. She had that weak smile. I came up and hugged her, I never wanted to let go. Her smile faded away and she never hugged me back. I asked the doctor if she is ok. She put a sad expression on her face, and said, "I am sorry, but it looks like your mother has passed away."