Chapter 2: Our Lives

Bran’s P.O.V.

From that first day we met, we spent every waking moment together, we sat out on our garages nearly every night to talk and soon we became the most talked about couple in school, but a couple we weren’t. We had never kissed, never asked one another to go out, but we also never said we weren’t going out. And I could say for sure I would have liked her to go out with me. But I was to scared to asked her, I was afraid it would ruin this magical friendship we had. So junior year passed, and so did senior year. We both went to the same college where she studied photography and history and I literature and history. We shared many classes, and soon everyone there also assumed we were an item.

“Come on, Raveeeen! Wake uhuuppp time for class!” Green yelled as she tried to wake me from my slumber. I had fallen asleep again in the cool shade of a chest nut tree.

“Do I have to?” I mumbled.

“Yes you do, come on.” She said while kicking me in the flank. I got up and started chasing her, I tickled her in revenge as we went to class.

“Glad the happy couple was able to join us.” Our professor spoke with a cheerful look. We both bowed down our heads at the same time to the amusement of our class. We went to our seats and class passed by like it always did.

When we were both free we drove home, we both still lived with our parents because it was close to college. Most of the time we hung our at one of our houses and some days we went to the park.

“Bran, good your home could you come in here for a sec?” I heard my mom call. I went into the kitchen to find my dad home as well.

“What’s going on?” I asked when I saw the worried looks on their faces.

“We’re going back.” They said simply and I knew what they meant. We were going back to Scotland.

“Is grandma alright?” I asked them and they shook their heads. We had to go back to take care of her.

“Alright when are we leaving?” I asked.

“Tomorrow.” They said. I nodded. A soft nudge in my side alarmed me that Green was still there. I took her hand and led her to my room. I sat her down on my bed and stood in front of her.

“Mizuki, my grandmother isn’t doing well, we have to go back.” I told her, her eyes looked shocked, she probably hand’t heard the whole conversation.

“For how long?” She asked.

“Permanently, probably.” I told her.

“But you don’t have to go right? You can stay at our house, so you can finish school.” She said.

“I’m sorry, I have to go, my grandmother needs my, my family needs me.” I told her. I could see tears welling up in her eyes as she ran for the door, I caught her smoothly.

“You’re not going anywhere like that.” I told her.

Mizuki’s P.O.V.

Of course I had listened to the conversation downstairs but I wanted Raven to say he wouldn’t go that he would stay here with me but he didn’t he said he would go back to Scotland forever. What was I to him? A friend? A sister? When he talked about his family needing him I had wanted to scream: ‘What about me?! I need you to!’ but I couldn’t, tears started screaming down my face as I tried to run away but he had grabbed me.

He pulled me in his arms and sat down on the bed, positioning me in his lap. He put his arms around me and stoked my hair.

“It’ll be alright, I can come here to visit and you could also come over.” He told me.

“But I don’t want you to visit!” I yelled at him through my tears.

“Then I won’t visit, I won’t come if you don’t want me to.” He said and I could hear a strange thickness in his voice, I looked at his eyes and saw there were tears in his as well.

“I don’t want you to visit because you shouldn’t go, you shouldn’t go away.” I told him.

“But I can’t abandon my family, they need me.” He said.

“But what about me?!” I screamed as I jumped out of his grasp. “I need you too!” I screamed at him.

“You’ve got plenty of friends, and just because I’m not here doesn’t mean we won’t be friends anymore.” He said.

“Screw friendship, you idiot are you blind?!” I screamed as I ran out of the house, this time he wasn’t able to catch me. I ran to the park, to the tree where we had met. I looked down at the soft green grass and could still picture the way I had found him, the way we had started our friendship with an awkward talk.

“I knew you would be here.” I heard his voice behind me. “I love you Mizuki.” He said and I turned around.

“Then why are you leaving?” I asked him with fury.

“Because my family needs me, wouldn’t you go back to japan with your mom if a relative got sick?” He asked and I knew he was right.

“Yes I would, but I wouldn’t go forever.” I told him.

“Who said I wanted to go forever? I didn’t know you liked me until just now, if I had known I would have told you to come with me right away.” He said and I stared at him.

“You want me to go with you?” I asked him.

“Yes of course! I’ve loved you since the moment I saw you eat that icecream, and’that will never stop, I love your quircks, I even love it when you take emberrasing pictures of me.” He said. “And if you love me as much as I love you, I’ll never let you out of my sight again.”

“I do love you.” I told him. he walked towards me with open arms to hug me, but I had a better idea. I jumped against him, my legs around his waist and kissed him firmly on the lips.

“I’ll go to the end of the earth with you.” I whispered.

“Good, because Scotland is right on the edge.” He whispered back and we both laughed frantically.

We both fell on the grass, I laid my head on his chest and felt his breath.

“Strange huh? Two new beginnings at the same place, with the same people.” He said while playing with my hair.

“Yeah.” Was all I could answer.

Bran’s P.O.V.

“And like that we went to Scotland, Green met my family, We were closer than we had ever been before and still, the feeling of friendship remained.

We went back to America often to visit Green’s parents. But once they came over to Scotland, the day we got married.

The best day of our lives, apart from having all of you of course.” I said as I looked around me, my children and grandchildren scattered all over the floor to hear the story of me and my lovely wife.

“And will you live happily ever after?” Little Kayla asked.

“We are aren’t we?” I heard Mizuki say before she put her wrinkled hand on my shoulder.

“Indeed we are.” I smiled while looking up at her, she bend over and kissed my lips.

“Why did you fall for me again?” Mizuki asked.

“For the simple things you do.” I told her with a broad smile.