Chapter 19

Lucy's POV --

I ran into the all but empty bank. It was dark but the bank was still open and was scheduled to close at 10. I held the gun up in the air and pull the trigger.

"Everybody stay wer ya are!" Harley said.

Everyone stopped and got down.

'Imma gonna ask kindly for the lovely bank teller to put all of that lovely money in the bag."

Harley put the bag in front on this teller. They slowly put the money in the bag.

"Harley Quinn!" Someone yelled behind me.

We both turned and saw a group of people. Two big men, The Riddler, a woman in green.

"It's bout time ya showed up, I would of waited fer ya, but I got too excited for my own good."

"Harley, I see you two have met. Did she relay my message?" Riddler asked.

"No,"

"Let's just say that I know everything, and am quite disappointed that you didn't tell me.'

Harley clenched her jaw.

"Sorry, but it was a little personal."

The glass shattered as a smoke bomb landed in the bank. It filled the room with black smoke.

"We've got company." Harley started singing.

I looked up at the ceiling. Two figures came crashing through it.

"Batsy, Batsy, Batsy." Harley said.

"Shit." I breathed.

The batman stood in front of us all. HIs shadow leaning over us. His sidekick Robin was taller than expected. He turned his head at me. I gave him my biggest smile. His eyes widened as his head straightened.

"We aren't doing anything wrong Batsy, just havin' a fri-end-a-ly conversation with Ms. Teller here."

"Enough Quinn. Surrender peacefully. I don't want to hurt any of you."

"Ya don't now. Ya guys hear that, Batsy don't wanna hurt us." She started laughing.

The bat flinched at her screeching laughter. Robin was suddenly thrown in a wall by a vine, causing the wall to crack. The Riddler's men tried to take down the bat but were quickly down on the ground. Poison Ivy started flinging vines at the bat. But he kicked her back and knocked her. Out. I pointed my gun in his direction, my finger on the trigger. I was kicked to the ground. I looked up and saw Robin. I laughed and got back up. He tried to kick at me again. I moved out of the way and landed one on him. He looked shocked. I felt my blood rushing. My heart was beating faster and faster. It felt good. The adrenaline rush felt good.

He got up. The fighting became hand-to-hand. I punched him hard in the face. He fell down. He swung his leg and knocked me down. I grabbed a bar from the broken window pane from the ceiling and started swinging at him. He matched it with one of his swords. He was trained well with the sword. He cut my arm causing me to drop the metal. I moved my hand to the cut. The blood dripping through my fingers. I let go of my arm. I looked him in the eyes. His bright blue eyes. They didn't seem dangerous, but friendly. We both turned our attention away from each other when we heard Harley laughing. Batman was on the ground and Robin was about to be as well. I knocked him down. I quickly grabbed the gun and pointed it at him, ready to kill.

He stayed to his knees and looked at me.

"If you do this, you will never forgive yourself." He said.

"Oh, I think I will."

I didn't hear my mother laughing anymore. I glanced to where she last was. She was on the ground, the Batman gone.

I looked back at Robin. I tightened my grip on the gun and prepared myself to pull the trigger. The gun was knocked from my hand with the cold slice of medal. I saw the cut on my hand. Robin got up and grabbed his sword. They were about to apprehend me, but a ladder came down from the hole in the roof.

"Q!" Harley called.

I ran over to the ladder and we climbed on. The helicopter pulled us away.

"Till next time Batsy, and please bring dear o' dead Robin a bouquet of flowers for me." She started cackling again. 

Once in the air I realized who had rescued us. The Riddler. I hadn't even noticed that he disappeared. I then also realized that we left Poison Ivy back there. 

"Cheer up Lucy! We got the cash." Harley said after awhile. 

I didn't say anything. 

"Rid. Drop her off five blocks away. I don't want anyone noticing the giant helicopter." 

I climbed down the rope and I walked down the street. I was ashamed of what I did tonight. I was ashamed of myself. I had almost let myself kill a man. From now on, I will never commit another crime.  

I moved my unhurt arm to my face and started wiping off the make-up. Never again will I join my mother in a crime. Never again.