chapter 1

Let’s start from the beginning:

     I woke up this morning to my little sister calling me and knocking on my door -“Freya!! Come out and play with me!” As I looked at the clock, it was still 10am and I was too tired from staying up till 4 in the morning reading books. As I stood up, I noticed that someone left my curtains slightly open; so of course, the sun was getting in my room and made its way to my face. Ugh, I hate when the sun hits my eyes before I fully wake up. I went to the bathroom, took a quick shower, knowing I would have to shower again after playing with my little dweeb of a sister. Put on some ripped up shorts, a black belt, my black boots and a sleeveless white shirt with my hair in a ponytail.

I made my way to the living room, with breakfast in hand after I left the kitchen and that little love scene between my parents, I throw myself on the love seat to eat and watch some cartoons, Tom and Jerry to be exact.

*Flash Back*

While I was going down the stairs and walking in the kitchen, I took a second to look at my phone to see I had a new txt from my friend Hazel. Big mistake, after I answered her txt, I looked up from the door way to the kitchen to find my parents sucking each other’s faces (kissing), sitting on the counter top. EW! I will never see that kitchen the same way.

*End Flash Back*

     I finished eating and headed out side to find my little sister sitting on the ground playing and talking to some boy. I hated when she talked to strangers and she knew that, sometimes I think she only does it to bug me. I stood by the front door of my house, watching as the boy listened intently to my sister. I leaned against the door, putting weight on the door and my left foot. The boy, finally noticing my presence, looked up from where my sister was sitting and smiled at me. My sister noticed his sudden movements and looked up to see what he was smiling at, as she saw me, she came running screaming “FREYA!!!” She jumped in the air for me to catch her and I did, as I cached her I turned around to spin her. She started giggling; I loved it when she did that. I love seeing her happy and smiling, it was always the best way to get me happy.  “Freya, come one” said my sister as she got to her feet, took my hand in hers and pulled me toward the gate at the front of the house to where the boy was. “Freya, this is Zachery; Zachery this is my big sister Freya” She said smiling up at both of us.

-“Hi Freya, it’s nice to meet you” He extended out his hand for me to shake, looking at my eyes and smiling

-“Hi, it’s nice to meet you to Zachery” I said, extending my hand to grab his and shake it, giving a smile of my own.

-“Zach is a new kid, he said his your age!” My little sister told me after I had let go of his hand

-“Zach? You already have a nickname for him?” I asked my little sis

-“YES! Now listen! He said his going to the same university, so, now you have a friend and he has someone to show him around” She said exasperated. She is such a weird 6 year old.

-“Yeah, well, um… you sister-”  Bethany gave him a look and he cleared his throat “I mean Beth, has a way of getting information out of people”

-“Yeah sorry about that, she can be really convincing when she wants to be” I said with an apologetic look in my eyes.  He smiled at me and looked at Beth “Hey, I should probably be going Beth, ok?”

She didn’t even look at him “Yeah, ok. Bye” I looked at her with astonishment; she just interrogated the guy and now acts like she doesn’t even care. I looked back at Zachery and noticed he had been looking at me. I cleared my throat “So um, I’ll see you around?” I asked him