Chapter 2

I took in a deep breath, filling my lungs with fresh air. This may be the last breather I ever take, I think to myself. As I was about to breathe out, a red car zoomed right past me whistling. "Damn baby, I bet those tits couldn't even fit my trunk." He let out an obnoxious laughter, which sounded as if a boy going through puberty stubbed his toe and screeched. I breathed out violently and glared at him with intimidation, hiding my rapid fear. Just ignore him.

Rushing through the sidewalk, I pull out the schedule for my classes. Engineering seemed to be first period. I sighed out of relief thinking maybe this school wouldn't be as bad as I thought it was. I have always had a soft spot for engineering. Even since I was a kid I desired to be one. Fortunately enough, my parents signed me up for engineering club back at my old school. It was the only class I had actually succeeded in.

As my mind wondered through the depths of engineering, I suddenly bumped into a pole. Startled as I was, I felt my head wobble from the impact. I stepped out of my five second trance and turned both directions to see if anybody witnessed my fail. Luckily, no one saw.

"Oh shit, I gotta get to class!" I run into the school, through the hallways, to find several cars unloading their backpacks into lockers. Do I put all my school supplies here? Which lockers? Are these lockers only for cars, not humans? So many questions, yet no answers. "Looks like I'm on my own here." I murmured to myself. I figure that the most logical thing I can do is unload my backpack at an empty locker.

I find the one farthest from the pack of young teenage cars. I reach for the handle to open it and hear a loud creak sound coming from the rusty metal of the old locker. "This sure needs some deep cleaning." I say, examining the haunting-like locker. I unpack my things, trying to make eye connect with only the locker. After about 5 minutes, I wipe the beads of sweat from my forehead and sigh relievingly. "I think I'm done, finally." Feeling satisfied, I glance back at my almost empty backpack, and then to my locker.

Although, it wouldn't be long before the gods remembered me feeling anything positive was strictly prohibited.