Chapter 3 : Escape!

I can't believe he's dead. At least for some time. It's all because of me. It turns out the 'leader' i killed wasn't actually a leader, it was a bait. So they can kill my father easily.

Later on, Nore the Judge call me to the court. He's the most evil person you can meet in Denorima, a fat bastard, red sharp eyes, and probably he had the most punchable face you could ever imagine.

But still, i can't reject it. I willingly turn myself in, prepared to pay for my failure with my life. However, i was shocked when he said that I'm not only accused of dereliction, but of the murder itself.

Though i confused and racked with guilt, i know there's something wrong. The armies and my family support me, but the rest didn't. But the evil judge decided to execute me. I can't resist it. Decision has been made.

They drag me to the arena, where they'll execute me. There's nothing i can do. The Legionaries already unsheathe their sword. The countdown has begun.

"5....."
"4....."
"3....."
"2....."
.
.
.
.
.

Why are they stop counting?

I open my eyes.

Everyone is.... Dead?

They don't move at all.

I look up to the skies and suddenly.

I see my father's glimpse

"You are not done yet, my daughter."

"There's still so much to discover."

The sounds of my father made me realise.

I can't let the killer go unpunished. I have to escape from this kingdom. But how? They take everything from me, even my sword.

"Use this."

A dagger fall from the skies.

"Good luck... My daughter."

"1!!!"

*Jleb

*Sratt

The dagger fall right at the rope. I can move freely now. With only a dagger, i have to fight my way out.

I clashes with the Legionaries. With the help from the wind. I managed to win the clash.

I run to the edge of the arena, climb the wall and run through the sidelines.

Escaped from the arena, i made Nore mad.

"GET HER!"

The army's best are onto me.

Krayle, the girl i mentioned before.
A warrior of speed and grace. Agile and cunning. She can easily outsmart her opponent, or using her agility as her advantage.

But she could not outrun the wind.

Zera, the Warrior of Strength.
He can easily smash anything in his way. Even the kingdom gate. Without any injuries.

But he could not smash the wind

Bane, the Warrior of Weaponry. Powerfull and talented. Mastered every weapon out there, especially the axe. He can cleave a rock with a single swing of his axe.

But he could not cleave the wind.

Cozy, the Warrior of Precision.
With her patients and accuracy. Not a single bird can fly through her line of view. Using only a bow and arrow. She can hit everything she want.

But she could not hit the wind

And at the kingdom's gate. My father's best friend.

My teacher, my leader.

My friend.

Marcus.

I
Is there another way out?

He unsheathe his sword
And then

He drop it
And hug me

Saying

"I know this is hard for you."

"But you have to let it go."

"Hold your breath, don't make a sound."

"Just keep running."

He gave me a bag full of survival kit.

I
I cried.
And ask him

“Why, what happened?”

He answered

"Your father is killed by a wind technique. Who else it could be?"

“!”

A wind technique.

No wonder why they hunt me.

"Now go!"

I left him alone at the gate.

Running into the wilderness.

I'm running
I keep running
I keep running.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"She escaped?"

"Yeah."

"I feel bad for her."

"She was out there fighting. And i was beside her father. I know exactly what happened."

"It's already planned."

"Since he's dead, i have to become the king."

"And he will rise as the emperor."

"Yes, that's true"

"That bastard."

"Hold your anger, when the time comes. We'll avenge our people. We'll avenge her."

"....."

"Yeah, you probably right."

"And you know the myth about the sword?"

"Yes."

"Looks like the myth are true."

"The sword is missing."

"She must've been the Wanderer in the myth then."

"Looks like she is."