Chapter 13: Warstrom Leaders pt. 2

"Once we take care of the Flush Gung, then we grab Maxwell Lord." Wonder Woman flew straight towards King, smacking his face with her shield.

   Red Tornado formed cyclones from his hands, engulfing Ace which made him crash onto an aisle of seats. Ace punched down the seats to get up as he tackled Tornado down.

"Kneel before the queen." Queen used her scepter to blast Doctor Fate, who protected himself by countering with a magic beam.

"You face no common man, but the Master of Sorcery himself!" Doctor Fate retorted, one of his golden beams striking the Royal Flush Gang member. 

  "Catch!" Ten threw at Star Sapphire multiple exploding cards. The Lantern used her ring to blast the cards then blasted Ten.

   In the ocean with Green Arrow's team, the heroes had taken cover behind a container to avoid being blown apart by the turret Castle was firing at them.

  "Damn, out of bullets." The turret ran out of ammo, forcing Castle to flee for his life.

  "After him!" Green Arrow, Black Canary, Big Barda, Sinestro, and KGBeast chased after the businessman.

Killer Croc jumped from nowhere, surprising KGBeast and slamming him against the floor. "Mycop reptile!" He impaled Croc's foot with his spiked knuckle.

"Rarh!" Croc roared, blood gushing from his wound. The Beast removed his spiked knuckle from the foot and drove it into his thigh, inflicting more damage. "I slay beast like you!"

Sinestro blasted the roaring reptilian with his ring, incapacitating him. "That rids us of, Croc. Who goes to fetch our filthy rat?" The Yellow Lantern asked.

Before Green Arrow could answer, the Suicide Squad regrouped and surrounded the team. "Barda, KGBeast, go grab Castle before he gets away!" Oliver ordered. "Sinestro, Dinah, and I'll hold them off!"

  "Alright." Barda dashed off, followed by Anatoli as they entered the destroyer to find Castle. As they left, the three heroes were circled by the Suicide Squad.

  "Three against seven. Odds are always against us, aren't they?" Green Arrow found some humor, which made Black Canary smirk. "You shouldn't worry, Ollie. We can take them with ease."

  "Is this some sort of joke? There isn't much time for it." Sinestro frowned, creating a double-headed axe construct. The three heroes charged towards their enemy.

   Meanwhile, Barda and KGBeast reached the lower levels of the destroyer, searching for the businessman.

  "Where do you hide, rodent? We don't have all day for a game of hide and seek." Big Barda cautiously treaded along the corridor, on the lookout for Castle.

  "We must find this Castle soon. Make him eat bullets." KGBeast laughed, reloading his machine gun.

   They heard a rasp from behind and turned around to see a metal door was emiting the sound.

Before they could react, Killer Croc had followed them down and ambushed Barda. He pulled her by her cape, slamming her into the wall.

  "Surprise." Croc snarled, throwing her across the room. KGBeast readied himself, glaring down the reptilian. "Lizard breath return. The Beast will rid of you."