[1]

Diabolical defeat! Though Republic victories outnumber their losses, the Jedi have been unable to stop Separatist
advances in the Outer Rim. The ever-elusive General Grievous plots to capture the
runaway daughter of Senator Ezra Xavier, with the intent
of using her to do his bidding. With thousands
of droid armies at his command, the Jedi can never
predict where Grievous will strike next, until now...

"Master, I am afraid that the chances of us not being caught and captured at some point are very low." X-4X2, a reprogrammed assassin droid, stated. Dawn Xavier glanced at her friend from the corner of her eye as she steered their speeder through Coruscant.

       "I thought I told you not to tell me the odds, X. Especially when they're low!" The girl exclaimed, ducking as a Separatist speeder from behind the pair began to fire their weapons.

     "It is not wise to avoid the inevitable, Master." X replied. The droid had turned around and began to fire back at their attackers, while Dawn attempted to swerve their speeder into safety. The girl knew that if Grievous was able to capture her, her father would do everything in his power to bring her home. This would give the separatist force an upper hand over the Republic.

     "Maybe so, but I have no intentions of returning home, buddy. I left for a reason." Dawn spoke. Just as X had shot down the last enemy droid, a transmission appeared from the communication device of their speeder.

     "My scanners state that we are receiving an incoming transmission from a Republic speeder. Shall we answer?" The droid questioned.

     "Yes, but you answer it. I don't want whoever it is to know I'm here until I know who they are." Dawn agreed, not wishing to receive an unexpected call from her father.

     "As you wish, Master." X complied, before answering the call. Two holographic Jedi appeared, who Dawn slightly recognized. One was older, with kind eyes, a polite smile, and a beard. The other was younger, with wavy locks, a smirk, and a scar covering his right eye. 

     "Greetings. This is X-4X2, at your service. May I verify your identity?" The droid requested. The two Jedi glanced at each other with amusement.

     "Hello there, X-4X2. This is Jedi Master Obi-wan Kenobi, and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. We called in hopes of speaking with Miss Xavier, who I assume is accompanying you." The bearded Jedi spoke, politely. Dawn raised her eyebrows in suspicion, before shaking her head at X.

     "I'm afraid that my Master does not wish to speak with you. My sincerest apologies, gentlemen." X replied with humour. Dawn bit back a laugh at her friend's remark. The Jedi seemed a bit taken aback, as nobody had downright denied to speak with them before.

     "I urge Miss Xavier to reconsider. This is a pressing matter that endangers her own safety." The other Jedi, with the scar, spoke up. Dawn sighed, before rolling her eyes and giving in. She was no stranger to danger. As a matter of fact, ever since she left home, the girl found herself in constant danger. Whether it be smugglers, bounty-hunters, pirates, or separatists, one or the other always seemed to want something from Dawn.

     "Thanks, X. I'll handle it from here." The girl spoke, before taking the transmission device from the droid. "Dawn Xavier, here." she greeted the men.

     "Ah, Miss Xavier. Thank you for joining us." Obi-wan smiled. "I'm afraid that General Grievous is attempting to capture you as a hostage, and use you as a pawn against the Republic. We've been asked to return you safely to your father."

     "I am aware, Master Jedi. I mean, I was only engaged in a speeder chase with a bunch of separatist droids a moment ago. Quite persistent, aren't they?" The girl replied. "However, I have no intentions of returning home. I'd do anything to avoid it, actually."

     Anakin and Obi-wan shared a confused glance. "I understand that you may have your own personal reasons for running away, however, your safety is on the line." Anakin argued, but stopped when Obi-wan raised a hand to silence him.

     "I've realized that perhaps a compromise is in order. How about we escort you to the safety of the Jedi Temple, without notifying your father? We can discuss other pressing matters there." The man offered. Dawn narrowed her eyes in distrust. The Jedi serve the Republic. Surely, they would inform a senator immediately if his missing daughter was found.

     "As far as I'm concerned, you could be lying to me. It will take a lot more than a kind offer to gain my trust." She pointed out.

     "I can assure you, milady, it goes against the Jedi Code to lie." Anakin promised. Even in hologram form, the scarred Jedi's charisma was apparent. The young man looked at the girl in a condescending manner, as if he knew that she would eventually listen to them.

     "We'll see how honest my droid thinks you are." Dawn stated, before turning to X expectantly. The droid appeared to be calculating the odds for a moment, before speaking up.

     "Based on my calculations, it is highly likely that the Jedi are telling the truth." X revealed, causing Anakin to smirk in victory. Dawn hardly resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

    "You heard the droid. Stay where you are, milady, we'll pick you up."