The Mystery of the Disappearance of Linby

"I don't know what happened to them." said Leah.

"Are you sure that's all you know," said the Officer.

"Yes," said Leah.

"Ok then, Miss Jo,  don't worry to much about it though, you know what they say, 'the smaller the town, the bigger the secrets.' said the Officer.

I saw leah look around the ashes, I can't believe they haven't clean them up all ready, then she looked my way and I quickly ducked down behind the partially burnt tree. I then watch her walk away. It hurt me, it really did hurt me to inflect this pain on her, but she just couldn't know what me and the Linbians were doing and why we were.

But it had to be done cause everyone was getting to supicious about our town and we couldn't let that happen. 

Anyway I had to go back to where we, the people of Linby, were living. Or master would get frustrated at me for staying on 'the Outside' for to long. I caught one last glance at leah before she got into her car. She looked completely oblivious, she had no idea ever since our disappearence, I watched her every now and then.

I mean I just wanted to know she was all right, at least the crying has stop, man did she cry the first month.

You just found out that your best friend and the rest of their town has disappeared I mean who wouldn't. She still crys every now and then and I wish I could go and tell her sometimes that I'm ok. But then again I can't.

Master has said, 'She'll get over it someday.' But that day has never come, even if it has been 2 years since we dissappeared, she'll never get over it. We left just like that leaving nothing behind, but a mystery.