0.1

"VIC, WHERE THE hell are you?"

I floored the car, watching as the meter went up by 10s, 30s, and then 50s.

"I'm trying to get you home, Anna," I spoke through gritted teeth as I narrowly avoided a Honda Civics trunk. "It's safe to say Hondas and Toyotas will literally be the death of me."

"Aw, babe, you're my night in shining Chanel. I know you won't die," My best friend cooed from the other end, her usual melodical voice scratchy and low.

"How hard did you party, woman?" I demanded, a playful smile dawning on my lips.

"Too hard," Annalise admitted.

I suddenly slammed my hand on the horn, successfully halting an Altis from sliding in front of me.

"You should wait by the curb, I'm about to slide in," I informed Annalise, doing just as I said.

In the distance, I saw Annalise Benjamin, clutching her Jimmy Choo heels and looking like she had clawed her way up from hell.

"I missed you!" She squealed once she flung open my car door and sat herself down.

I immediately opened my arms and we hugged each other like we were the lines connecting each other to life.

"How was Thailand?" Annalise inquired, strapping on her Jimmy's as I pulled out.

"Thailand was amazing," I sighed in content. "It was like a firehouse there. But the dancing, the food, and the culture was so unique."

"Yeah, my Aunt visits Thailand every year or so. She can't stop talking about the traditional music and the national dresses," Annalise nodded, sitting up straight once again.

"Do you have any pictures?" Annalise asked, stretching her long arms for my phone on the dashboard.

"All yours," I told her, allowing Annalise to grab my phone. She rolled her brown eyes and stuck her tongue out.

"What about you?" I wondered, finally gracing the streets with a moderate speed.

Annalise snorted and almost choked on her saliva.

"My summer was less cultured than yours." She began, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "I studied a bit, practiced ping-pong, and then partied all night long," Annalise snickered at my expression.

"Girl, what are all these bags for?" Annalise tutted, picking up a red one with no logo that was at her feet on the passenger side.

"You called at 2 in the morning, just after I got off the plane genius," I chuckled as Annalise's doe eyes grew wide.

"Shit! So you didn't get time to take a shower, go to sleep, or unload your car," Annalise gasped, leaning back in her seat like she was afraid I'd spontaneously combust.

"Relax. This is what best friends are for," I patted Annalise's bare knee to which she held my hand.

"How are you going to sneak back in?" I asked her after a few moments of silence.

Annalise's stiff posture answered my question.

"Good luck, Anna!" I giggled as we pulled up to our neighborhood. Our houses were next to each other and I knew I would be hearing a one hour lecture if Annalise failed to sneak in stealthily.

"My phone might be confisticated after this," She grumbled while unbuckling her seat belt.

"Cheers honey. We'll work something out. Besides, the last first day is the day after tomorrow," I remarked as the brunette gave me a glare.