Chapter 6: The Best House

~Mark's P.O.V.~

When we went to dinner the next day, my mom took the news much better then either of Lexi's parents did. She was actualy excited to finally be having a grandchild from me. It was confusing to both of us, since she didn't even like Alexis when she first met her, but now was praising her and smothering her with love. Don't get me wrong, I love that she's so fond of Lexi now, but it was still a strange sight.

"You better marry that girl, Mark! Because if she leaves you with the baby all alone, and it turns out she was using you for her own gain, I'll go right back to hating her," she told me privately later that same night.

"I want to. Really. But if I propose she might think it's because of our kid that I'm doing it and I don't want her to think that."

"Well then when it feels like she won't think that's why, propose! You're too good of a person to not have happiness, Mark."

 I don't know if my mom was right about that, me being too good of a person, but I could only hope I was good enough for Alexis. That night went a lot smoother than either of us imagined. Her parents and my mom liked each other well enough, and it felt like a real family. Lexi was estatic when we got home, going on about how well our families worked together and how this could work out for the better. I agreed with her, but I couldn't sleep. I lay in bed all night, her arms wrapped around my torso, going between watching the sky and the ceiling. My wild brain couldn't comprehend everything that was happening as good. In the back of my mind, it felt like something would happen soon and everything we had worked for would break apart worse than in the past. I kept it to myself though, not wanting to worry her.

Lexi's parents stayed all week to help us move into the house. We didn't have a lot of furniture, but that was okay. We made the most out of the space with what little we had and in two days had a decent place. We could fix it up more later, but the main reason we moved so soon was to work on the nursery.

"Do you need any help with getting it ready, sweetie? I know we leave tomorrow, but we can still give you some tips. You know we decorated your own room with homemade Winnie the Pooh stuff."

"I know, Mom. Don't worry, I have an idea for it."

"It beter not be black and red heavy metal crap," her dad said.

"I don't listen to that stuff anymore! No, it won't be black and red...entirely."

"I know you'll do a good job. I'm proud of you for taking this on." They hugged it out before her parents said their final goodbyes and left. We plopped down on the couch and relaxed for the first time all weekend. I uploaded my videos earlier, not wanting to dissapoint my fans any further. I looked down at Lexi, watching the TV she just turned on to Downton Abbey. I kept forgetting that she used to be a fan herself. Well, still is, but in a different way now. Every now and then I do think about how we met, and it still feels weird. To have fallen for fan of mine is a weird thought, but in the end it was a great thing to have happened. Did she still see me as the YouTube guy on the screen who made her smile even when I didn't have a single clue who she was at the time? Or did she see me as a human being? A normal guy who makes videos for a living? I don't even know anymore. But it's okay. If she didn't really love me, would she have gone through all that torture this past year and chosen to keep this baby and raise it with me? I don't think so.

"We really do need to work on the nursery, Mark. I was thinking of a neutral scheme that could work for either a boy or girl."

"Like what colors? Black and red?" I laughed even though she punched my arm.

"And blue."

"Blue is a boy color, traditionally."

"I know, but I like it. And, I dunno. Something tells me that...that it really is a boy."