Chapter 7: Face Your Fears

It's been a couple months since we moved to the house and nothing could be better for us! We got the nursery completely finished a couple weeks ago, so the whole scheme is blue, back, and white. Whether its a boy or girl we think it will work. Lexi's morning sickness has died down to just mornings and every other day. We have gotten a bit of hate from the fans with everything going on, but most of them are surprisingly supportive, so it's not bad.

We have a doctor's appointment today to see if we really are having a boy like Lexi thought. In all honesty, I hope we are.

"You ready to go babe?" I knock on the door on the office, the almost-mother sitting at the computer typing away at the keyboard. She used to write fan-fiction about us when she was younger, she told me, but now writes mainly her own real stories. So she's an artist, a singer, a writer, and a gamer! On top of that she's hot. How lucky am I to score such a perfect girl?

"Yep! Let me save real quick." She exited out of the site and carefully stood up from the chair, denying any help from me. She wasn't huge, but was fairly large now that she was almost six months along. "I'm fine."

"You can never be too careful. Now come on. I want to see if this thing really is human!" She laughed and slipped on some easy flats I got her a while back so she wouldn't have to bend down to get them on or off.

We made the small drive to the office, Alexis rambling on about how she missed using her Copic markers and couldn't wait for the baby to be here so she could use them again.

"Everything I've drawn is so lifeless because there's no color. It's sad, Mark. They're sad! I can't even draw much anymore because I know I'll never finish them."

"You can finish them once the baby comes."

"But I won't feel anything for them anymore. I won't want to finish them because that's how I've always been."

"It's only a few more months. I think you can handle it, Dino." She growled and crossed her arms, pursing her lips in annoyance.

We didn't have to wait too long in the lobby to be caled into the back luckily. I always feel weird in there, thinking everyone is judging us. I guess I'm still not used to it.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Holland!"

"Good afternoon!" We were able to get a new doctor despite the previous one's attempts to stay with us. Apparently she'd had many others switch from her too. Doctor Harper was kinder and didn't ask irrelevant questions like Macgill had.

"Mr. Fischbach! How have you been?"

"Well. Nervous!"

"I can only imagine." She was also very understanding. When we told her our situation, she was nothing but comforting to us. She dealt with a lot of girls younger than Alexis who were oing throuh She was the one we saw the first day with the little girl asking her to heal her doll. We were lucky to have her as our doctor now. "You both ready to see your baby?" We both nodded, excited for once to watch the monitor.

"Still want to see Tyler?" I whispered in Lexi's ear.

"As much as you want to see Anna."

"I'm leaning more towards Tyler now, honestly." She gripped my hand and we both held our breath as we watched, waiting for the news.

"Were you wishing for a boy or girl?" Harper asked us.

"We don't care either way, but we were kinda hoping for a boy."

"Well," she started as she looked at the monitor a little more. "I must say your wish is granted! Congratulations!" I looked to Alexis with a great smile on my face, but I saw tears in her eyes as she covered her mouth with both of her hands.