Chapter 3: Depressed

Two months later

(Hannah's POV)

I looked down at my hand, seeing something that would always trigger the memory of what happened two months ago.

*Flashback*

I was sitting at a table at Harry and I's usual date night cafe. He had texted me barely five minutes after I left him telling me to meet him here. I impatiently tapped my fingers against the table. I checked my watch; Harry needed to hurry up. I wanted to go to Brook's house to take care of her dogs.

Finally, Harry walked into the building.

He made eye contact with me briefly, walking over to the table and stand beside me. He has obviously been crying pretty harshly. His entire face was red with smudged tear steaks.

He started singing; confusing me, "Forever can never be long enough for me

To feel like I've had long enough with you

Forget the world now, we won't let them see

But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted

Love has surely shifted my way" he got down on one knee and my heart just about stopped. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, which he opened to reveal a beautiful ring. I gasped, making him smile a little.

"Marry me

Today and every day

Marry me

If I ever get the nerve to say "Hello" in this cafe

Say you will

Mm-hmm

Say you will

Mm-hmm

Together can never be close enough for me

To feel like I am close enough to you

You wear white and I'll wear out the words "I love you"

And you're beautiful

Now that the wait is over

And love has finally shown her my way

Marry me

Today and every day

Marry me" he finished, and tears were streaming down my face.

"Yes." I said without hesitation. We both smiled wide and he stood up, lifting me off ground and spinning me around. The entire restaurant broke out into an applause and cheers. He sat me down and kissed me. Once I pulled away he slowly and tenderly grabbed my hand, slipping the ring onto my finger.

He kissed me passionately, "I love you, so much." He said, which I returned quickly before clasping his hand with mine.

*End of Flashback*

(Brooklyn's POV)

"You're depressed, Misses Horan." The therapist sitting in front of me said, stress clear in his voice.

I smirked, "I don't think so. I have nothing to be depressed about."

"It's been two months, miss. I don't think that-"

"He's coming back! I know he is." I yelled, sitting forward. My voice shifted to just above a whisper, "He promised."

He ran his fingers through his hair and rested his elbows on his desk, "Look, you may not think you need help, but you do. He's coming back? Okay. But it's just like when someone's spouse goes into the army or on a business trip. They're away, let's say just for now. You still need help for the pain you'll have while he's away."

I sighed, "Fine." I grabbed the prescription off of his desk and walked out. The warm office room seemed cool compared to the extremely hot hallway. I walked to the elevator, my hand on my belly.

13 weeks along. Next week would be number 14, which meant I would be in my second trimester. Little Horan was growing at a normal rate and was healthy, and that's all that mattered.

My baby has already began to get his/her tastebuds, fingers, toes and can even put his/her thumb in his/her mouth. The sex obviously can't be confirmed yet, but the doctor told me to come in at 18 weeks to see.

I hit the down button beside the elevator door and once it dinged open I was shocked with who stood before me, "Hello, Brooklyn. I bet you're surprise to see me." Parker said, his intense blue eyes peering into me, searching for a response.

I tensed up but remained calm, "I was actually hoping to hear from you." I pulled him aside, careful to avoid pulling him into the elevator where there would be no where to run. "Where's Niall?" I whispered.

He leaned down closer to me and his face softened, "I just want you know I am extremely sorry, okay?"

My heart started beating faster; why was he apologizing?

"He is fine, just so you know." My entire body relaxed, "He's a bit rowdy and shaken up, but that's expected. But I'm not here to tell you about his condition, but to help you. Are you ready for this?" I nodded quickly. "Alright. Tom wants money, yes, but he is extremely impatient. How long do you think you can go without Niall?" I glanced down at my stomach where my hand rested. Parker followed my gaze, "Right, yes of course. A couple of months might be a little too soon... what are your opinions on... a year?"

My eyes bulged out of my head, "Are you kidding me? I'm at one of the most dependent parts of my life. I need my husband."

He frowned, "You're going to have to understand and willing to try. most importantly, be strong." He looked at his watch, "I have to go now."

I nodded, "Me too... I have, plans." I lied right through my teeth. My only plans for tonight was crying and then calling one of the girls and asking them to come over.

"You can't tell anyone about this conversation, okay? Either Niall or I could get killed for this."

"Can we talk again sometime?"

"I'll see you at your next doctors appointment." he said with a smirk. Creepy, I thought. He started to turn, heading for the stairs, but then he returned in front of me, "Oh, by the way, Tom's newest assitant claims she knows you. Niall recognizes her. Her name is Hailey."

----

So this was entirely written on my iPod! I'm beginning to think that will become a usual thing considering I just don't have very much time anymore. But yeah, sorry for any spelling or grammar errors because unlike Word document, Wattpad doesn't have spell check!

There's a lot of dialogue so I'm expecting there to be many errors. ;-;

Sorry guys!

*Don't be a ghost reader! Vote and comment! *

Also, for any of you that read my other stories, I've been considering deleting Numb because I just don't have the time and it might de-stress me a bit, creating more updates for you guys! :D So yeah let me know what ya think!

Bye guys (: