The Fashion Games

The annual fashion games are a competition each year ran by President Frost. From all twelve districts famous people of one boy and girl between the ages of 13 to 86 are chosen to be put into an arena and fight to the death in order to bring honor to the victor's districts and to receive a legendary $10 gift card to hot topic.

I woke up to my own screams and shoot the alarm clock that startled me with my chrome and newly polished M-16. Today was the reaping!

I lay my gun on the bed and jump out of the covers and race to the restroom. " I have to look my best" I reminded myself in a hushed voice. I look up at the diamond studded mirror."Omg I look like a hunchback troll!" I grab my mascara and immediately started covering my eyes with the black paste hoping they will cover up my wrinkles. I put the bottle of the black liquid down, spilling it. "God why do you hate me!" Frustrated I grab my white Pomeranian and use him as a rag to wipe up the staining liquid on its lush coat. " you didn't get the stains out of the counter! Can't you do anything right?!" I yell at his puppy dog eyes as I fill a bucket of freezing water, throw him in it and chuck him out the window. "Stupid dog. Don't come back until your clean!" I yell out of frustration as I apply blush and chemicals to mask the beast that reveals itself in my face. Ok I'm ready.. I race to my closet slip a dress on, put on my bright pink boa and head out to the district square trying to stand correctly in my 12 inch heels. The reaping already started! I ran shoving a homeless man out of my way making him fall into a the frozen lake beside me. "Out of my way you worthless peasants!" I yell as I jump into the crowd of people. The Capitol announcer is announcing the names of the tributes for the fashion games. The fabulous woman announcer begins to speak. " I'm delighted to be in district 7! Males first!" She digs in the glass bowl for 5 minutes until she finally snatches one paper slip with her rat claws she calls "nails". "Steven Hawkins!" A lame old man flys on the stage with his jetpack/wheel chair. "Now for the girls!......... Miranda Cosgrove!". NO! I think to myself.i have to think fast. " I VOLENTEER!" I leap on stage pushing her to the floor. " outa my way slut!" I walk up to the microphone. "Hi" I say " I Betty White, VOLENTEER as tribute.