Chapter Four

Selena's Point of View
-High School: Freshman Year-

I was sleeping peaceful and happily, in the comforts of my bed. It was the only place were I felt safe. My entire life went downhill in middle school and I'll be disappointed in myself if I let my downfall spiral out of control again. You didn't need friends then and you don't need friends now. School is stressful, I don't know why I get caught up with people knowing damn well they didn't need me.

 School is stressful, I don't know why I get caught up with people knowing damn well they didn't need me

I heard my door open and I frowned. My eyes still tightly shut because I don't want to go to school. No mom, please don't do this to me, I just want to be alone. I felt the weight on my bed, I inwardly groaned. No, no, please no.

"C'mon Selly, time for school."  My  mother said softly running her hands through my hair.

I groan. "Mom you know I don't want to go, especially on the first day!" I whine while sitting up straight in bed, I start to pout, putting on my best puppy dog look hoping that would ease my chances of going to school.

"Why not?" She asked curiously.

"Zayn, is why. I don't want to see him or talk to him or anything. Mom, he's just like dad selling you empty promises he sure well knew he was going to break." I roll my eyes. You can say my summer vacation wasn't the best seeing as I spent it with my dad, his new girlfriend or whatever and his other daughter Tori. You can say this was the family he left us for.

My mom sighs sympathetically. "Sweetie, you have to get over this. You and Zayn haven't been friends since seventh grade, he's moved on, and now I think you should too." Her words were nice enough to almost make me believe that I'll be fine on my first day, but I knew I wouldn't be.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine I'll go." I mumbled getting out of bed and heading towards my bathroom. Slamming the door shut behind me.

I brushed my teeth, and took a shower, washing my hair in the process just so I can be late. I know the first day of school usually determines how the rest of the year goes, but I honestly don't care.

After that, I wrapped myself in my peach fuzzy towel. And air dried my hair. Walking out into my room about to get dressed.

"Selena someone's here for you!" My mom shouts from downstairs. Who the hell can be here for me? I have no friends!

"I'll be right down!" I yell back and decided to get dressed quickly.

I put on the brownish-red crop top, with fake ripped up boyfriend jeans, I threw on a white cardigan and put on my white Nike huarache sneakers. I grabbed my towel to dried my hair faster so I can then flat iron it. I grabbed my pink bag and my cellphone and left my room.