Chapter Nineteen

ELSA'S POV:

You know how they say that right before you die, your life flashes before your eyes?

It's true.

I saw when Anna was born, and and all of our adventures together.

And then when I struck her in the head.

I witnessed all my terrifying experiences from another point of view.

Then I remembered Jack.

When he told me he loved me, when he took me to see the Guardians, and when I cried because I had to leave.

Forever.

It happened so fast, in a matter of seconds, until there was a bright flash of white, and all the memories were gone.

Underneath me I could feel snow.

But I'm supposed to be dead!

My eyes fluttered open cautiously. It seemed like I was in a dark cave, but it was covered in icicles and snow fell from the ledges.

I tried to stand up, and to my pleasure I could.

Is this Heaven?

I walked through the long pathways, having to scrunch together because they were so thin.

After what seemed like hours I came to a large opening.

"Woah", I muttered. The walls were covered in ice crystals. The room was like a dome of ice, the floors snow, and the ceiling had icicles coming down from it.

"Hello Elsa", I jumped at the unfamiliar voice that boomed through the cave.

"Hello? Who's there?"

"I am the Man in the Moon. I know that the Guardians have told little of me, or how exactly this would happen. Only one person has ventured here other than you."

"Who?", I asked curiously.

"Jack Frost." My breath hitched in my throat and I stumbled back.

"Why-how?"

"You have similar powers, Elsa. When you were born, Jack Frost became a Guardian. On that same day, I chose you to become one eighteen years later. All of this was of my knowledge, Elsa."

"You-you knew I was going to die? You knew I was going to run away in fear?", I asked, a bit angrily.

"Calm down Elsa. You are not one to get agitated easily. Now, I chose you because I knew that you and Jack were meant to work together, Elsa. I have watched you for these eighteen years, seen you grow older. And I now realize it is your time Elsa."

"My time....? For what?", I ask.

"You are aware that Jack is the Guardian of Fun, correct?"

"Correct."

"Elsa, you are not going to die today. Well, technically you are, but not really."

"I don't understand."

"Jack died protecting his sister. The only way to become a Guardian is to make an act of pure selflessness, love, and bravery. You proved that by showing me that you were ready to die in order to save your sister."

"So....I'm going to become a Guardian?", I ask, excited but nervous at the same time.

"Yes, Elsa. You are The Guardian of Courage."

"No. Way."

"Yes.....way."

And with another flash of blinding light, the cavern was gone, and I opened my eyes.